This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2018 Vol. 26 No 5
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
R.E. KALININ, I.A. SUCHKOV, N.D. MZHAVANADZE, E.A. KLIMENTOVA, O.N. ZHURINA, S.A. ISAKOV
INTRINSIC COAGULATION CASCADE FACTORS AND HEMOSTATIC MARKERS OF ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN PATIENTS WITH PERIPHERAL ARTERY DISEASE
Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.P. Pavlov, Ryazan,
The Russian Federation
Objective. To assess the activity of intrinsic coagulation cascade factors of coagulation and hemostatic markers of endothelial dysfunction in patients with atherosclerotic peripheral artery disease (PAD) before and after endovascular treatment.
Methods. The study included 80 patients with PAD in the stage IIB-III of the disease according to Pokrovsky-Fontaine classification. 40 patients with PAD underwent endovascular interventions on the femoropopliteal segment (group A) and 40 patients underwent the conservative treatment (group B). Patients underwent physical examination, ankle-brachial index measurement (ABI), duplex ultrasound (DUS) and digital substraction angiography. 3 and 6 months after treatment patients underwent the same procedures. At inclusion of patients in the study and 3 months after the surgery, peripheral venous blood samples were collected to assess the activity of VIII, IX, XI, von Willebrand factor (VWF), protein С (PrC) and metabolites of nitric oxide II (NO).
Results. In patients of the group А mean values of activity VIII, IX, XI factors and VWF were increased in comparison with the norm before the surgery. After 3 months the results shown a greater increase in activity VIII, IX, XI factors, the elevated levels of VWF remained in the reduction of NO metabolites. In patients of the group B the mean activity values of IX, XI factors and VWF were increased with normal levels of NO metabolites and PrC.
Conclusions. The analysis of the initial state of the hemostasis system in patients with atherosclerotic peripheral artery disease allows us to conclude that the hypercoagulable state develops against the background of a normal anticoagulation potential. Operative procedures provide a further shift towards a hypercoagulable state and impaired functional activity of endothelium
- Fowkes FG, Rudan D, Rudan I, Rudan I, Aboyans V, Denenberg JO, McDermott MM, Norman PE, Sampson UKA, Williams LJ, Mensah GA, Criqui MH, Comparison of global estimates of prevalence and risk factors for peripheral artery disease in 2000 and 2010: a systematic review and analysis. Lancet. 2013;382(9901):1329-40.doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(13)61249-0
- Ye W, Liu CW, Ricco JB, Mani K, Zeng R, Jiang J. Early and late outcomes of percutaneous treatment of Trans Atlantic Inter-Society Consensus class C and D aorto-iliac lesions. J Vasc Surg. 2011 Jun;53(6):1728-37. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2011.02.005
- Pokrovskii AV, Ivandaev AS, red. Sostoianie sosudistoi khirurgii v Rossii v 2016 godu. Moscow, RF; 2017. 77 p. http://docplayer.ru/52369292-Sostoyanie-sosudistoy-hirurgii-v-rossii-v-2016-godu.html (in Russ.)
- Katsanos K, Al-Lamki SA, Parthipun A, Spiliopoulos S, Patel SD, Paraskevopoulos I, Zayed H, Diamantopoulos A. Peripheral stent thrombosis leading to acute limb ischemia and major amputation: incidence and risk factors in the aortoiliac and femoropopliteal arteries. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2017;40(3):351-59. Published online 2016 Dec 5. doi: 10.1007/s00270-016-1513-0
- Lei X, Reheman A, Hou Y, Zhou H, Wang Y, Marshall AH, Liang C, Dai X, Li BX, Vanhoorelbeke K, Ni H. Anfibatide, a novel GPIb complex antagonist, inhibits platelet adhesion and thrombus formation in vitro and in vivo in murine models of thrombosis. Thromb Haemost. 2014 Feb;111(2):279-89. doi: 10.1160/TH13-06-0490
- Delvaeye M, Conway EM. Coagulation and innate immune responses: can we view them separately? Blood. 2009 Sep 17;114(12):2367-74. doi: 10.1182/blood-2009-05-199208
- Hoffman M, Pawlinski R. Hemostasis: old system, new players, new directions. Thromb Res. 2014 May;133(Suppl 1):S1-2. doi: 10.1016/j.thromres.2014.03.001
- Yakushin SS, Filippov EV. Value assessment of endothelial function at the population level (according to the research MERIDIAN-RO). Nauka molodykh - EruditioJuvenium. 2013;(3):48-55. http://naukamolod.rzgmu.ru/uploads/art/art72_9a005b.pdf (in Russ.)
- Zanolini D, Merlin S, Feola M, Ranaldo G, Amoruso A, Gaidano G, Zaffaroni M, Ferrero A, Brunelleschi S, Valente G, Gupta S, Prat M, Follenzi. Extrahepatic sources of factor VIII potentially contribute to the coagulation cascade correcting the bleeding phenotype of mice with hemophilia A. Haematologica. 2015 Jul;100(7):881-92. doi: 10.3324/haematol.2014.123117
- Babichev AV. The role of endothelium in hemostasis mechanisms. Pediatr. 2013;4(1):122-27. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/rol-endoteliya-v-mehanizmah-gemostaza (in Russ.)
- Kalinin RE, Zviagina VI, Pshennikov AS, Suchkov IA, Matveeva IV. Fotokolorimetricheskii metod opredeleniia urovnia metabolitov oksida azota v syvorotke krovi. Astrakhan Med Zhurn. 2010;5(1):188-89. http://www.astmedj.ru/archive (in Russ.)
- Cassar K, Bachoo P, Ford I, Greaves M, Brittenden J. Markers of coagulation activation, endothelial stimulation and inflammation in patients with peripheral arterial disease. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2005 Feb;29(2):171-76. doi: 10.1016/j.ejvs.2004.11.001
- Kazantsev AV, Korymasov EA. Diagnostika progressiruiushchego techeniia obliteriruiushchego ateroskleroza bedrenno-podkolenno-bertsovoi lokalizatsii. Fundam Issledovaniia. 2011;(1):62-67. https://www.fundamental-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=15809 (in Russ.)
- Gogia S, Neelamegham S. Role of fluid shear stress in regulating VWF structure, function and related blood disorders. Biorheology. 2015;52(5-6):319-35. doi: 10.3233/BIR-15061
- Vischer UM. Von Willebrand factor, endothelial dysfunction, and cardiovascular disease. J Thromb Haemost. 2006 Jun;4(6):1186-93. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-7836.2006.01949.x
390026, The Russian Federation,
Ryazan, Vysokovoltnaya Str., 9,
Ryazan State Medical University
Named after Academician I.P. Pavlov,
Department of Cardiovascular,
And Topographic Anatomy,
Tel. mobile: +7 4912 46 08 03,
Igor A. Suchkov
Kalinin Roman E., MD, Professor, Rector, Head of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-Ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.P. Pavlov, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Suchkov Igor A., MD, Associate Professor, Vice-Rector for Research and Innovative Development, Professor of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-Ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.P. Pavlov, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Mzhavanadze Nina J., PhD, Assistant of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-Ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.P. Pavlov, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Klimentova Emma A., Post-Graduate Student of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-Ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.P. Pavlov, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Zhurina Olga N., PhD, Head of Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory of the Clinical Research Center for Hematology, Oncology and Immunology, Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.P. Pavlov, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Isakov Sergey A., MD, Professor of the Dermatovenereology Department, Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.P. Pavlov, Ryazan, Russian Federation.