This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2021 Vol. 29 No 5
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
N.I. TROITSKAYA, K.G. SHAPOVALOV, V.A. MUDROV
THE PREVALENCE OF GENETIC POLYMORPHISMS FOR REGULATION OF VASCULAR TONE, PLATELET RECEPTORS, VASCULAR WALL REMODELING AND PROTHROMBOTIC FACTORS IN DIABETIC FOOT SYNDROME
Chita State Medical Academy, Chita,
The Russian Federation
Objective. To analyze the frequency of occurrence of eNOS 786C>T, END1 Lys198Ash, ITGB3 1565T>C (Leu33Pro), F5 1691G>A, F2 20210G>A, MMP9 8202A>G, MTHFRA 1298 C,VEGFA 634C>G gene polymorphisms in diabetic foot syndrome.
Methods. The study included patients (n=198) with uncomplicated diabetes mellitus and patients (n=199) with the development of diabetic foot syndrome. Genotyping of the studied gene polymorphisms was performed by the polymerase chain reaction method.
Results. In patients with uncomplicated diabetes mellitus and in patients with diabetic foot, no significant differences were found in the frequency of occurrence of polymorphisms 786C>T of the eNOS3 gene, Lys198Ash of the END1 gene, 1691G>A of the F5 gene, 20210G>A of the F2 gene, 8202A>G of the MMP9 gene, 634C> G of the VEGFA gene and their allelic variants. Associative relationship between the polymorphisms of the NOS 786C>T, END1 Lys198Ash, F5 1691G>A, F2 20210G>A, MMP9 8202A>G, VEGFA 634C>G genes and the development of diabetic foot syndrome was not found. With the development of a diabetic foot, a heterozygous variant of the 1565TÑ polymorphism of the ITGB3 gene was more common than in uncomplicated diabetes mellitus (37.7% and 28.3%, respectively (χ²=6.243, p=0.045)). The risk of developing a diabetic foot with the carriage of this polymorphism is 1.5 times higher than with other variants of gene polymorphism ((OR=1.534 (95% Cl 1.006 – 2.338), p<0.05). Polymorphism 1298 AS of the MTHFR gene was more often detected in the group of patients with uncomplicated diabetes mellitus than in the group with the development of diabetic foot (45.4% and 29.1%), (χ²=11.55, p=0.004).
Conclusion. The development of diabetic foot syndrome is associated with the carriage of the heterozygous 1565TÑ polymorphism of the ITGB3 gene, in which the likelihood of developing this complication increases 1.5 fold. In diabetes mellitus without complications, a more frequent carriage of the heterozygous polymorphism 1298 AC of the MTHFR gene was revealed, which may have a protective effect against the development of diabetic foot syndrome.
- Forouhi NG, Wareham NJ. Epidemiology of diabetes. Medicine (Abingdon). 2014 Dec;42(12):698-702. doi: 10.1016/j.mpmed.2014.09.007
- Rundo AI. Some modern aspects of etiology and pathogenesis of diabetic foot syndrome. Novosti Khirurgii. 2015;23(1):97-104.doi: 10.18484/2305-0047.2015.1.97 (In Russ.)
- Veves A, Giurini JM, Guzman RJ, eds. The Diabetic Foot. Medical and Surgical Management. 4-th ed. HumanaPress; 2018. 515 ð. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-89869-8
- Pozhilova EV, Novikov VE. Physiological and pathological value of cellular synthase of nitrogen oxide and endogenous nitrogen oxide. Vestnik SmGMA 2015;14(4):35-41.https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/sintaza-oksida-azota-i-endogennyy-oksid-azota-v-fiziologii-i-patologii-kletki (In Russ.)
- Wang X, Guo Z, Ding Z, Khaidakov M, Lin J, Xu Z, Sharma SG, Jiwani S, Mehta JL. Endothelin-1 upregulation mediates aging-related cardiac fibrosis. J Mol Cell Cardiol.2015 Mar;80:101-9. doi: 10.1016/j.yjmcc.2015.01.001
- Zhao S, Li T, Zheng B, Zheng Z. Nitric oxide synthase 3 (NOS3) 4b/a, T-786C and G894T polymorphisms in association with diabetic retinopathy susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Ophthalmic Genet. 2012 Dec;33(4):200-7. doi: 10.3109/13816810.2012.675398
- Muslimova E.F. Association between nos3 and itgb3 polymorphisms and the risk of coronary artery disease. The Siberian Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. 2016;31(2):22-25. (In Russ.) doi: 10.29001/2073-8552-2016-31-2-22-25 (In Russ.)
- Šeruga M, Kariž S, Makuc J, Završnik M, Cilenšek I, Gazdikova K, Caprnda M, Kruzliak P, Petrovič D. Endothelin-1 Gene Polymorphisms rs5370, rs1476046, and rs3087459 are not Associated with Diabetic Nephropathy in Caucasians with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Folia Med (Plovdiv). 2017 Sep 1;59(3):261-69. doi: 10.1515/folmed-2017-0033
- Yakovleva EV, Konyashina NI, Gorgidze LA, Surin VL, Pshenichnikova OS, Polevodova OA, Spirin MV, Galstyan GM, Zozulya NI. Congenital factor V deficiency: case reports. Russian Journal of Hematology and Transfusiology. 2019;64(4):489–503. (In Russ.) doi: 10.35754/0234-5730-2019-64-4-489-503 (In Russ.)
- Bogatyreva KB, Azova MM, Aghajanyan AV, Leila V. Tskhovrebova LV, Ait AA, Shugushev ZKh. Association of the ITGB3 gene T1565C polymorphism with the development of atherosclerosis and in-stent restenosis in patients with stable coronary artery disease. Nauchnye Rezul’taty Biomed Issledovanii. 2018;4(4):3-9. doi: 10.18413/2313-8955 (In Russ.)
- Koloskov AV, Chernova EV. Clinical significance of factor V and prothrombin genes polymorphism. Russian Journal of Hematology and Transfusiology. 2018;63(3):250-257. doi: 10.25837/HAT.2019.63.13.004 (In Russ.)
- Omelchenko VO, Letyagina EA, Shevchenko ÀV, Konenkov VI, Pospelova TI, Korolev MA. Association of polymorphisms in the promoter regions of MMP2, MMP3 and MMP9 genes with cardiovascular risk factors in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J Sib Med Sci. 2019;(1):109-118. doi: 10.31549/2542-1174-2019-1-109-11 (In Russ.)
- Sibireva OF, Khitrinskaya EYu, Kalyuzhin VV, Sazonov AE, Ivanchuk II, Grankina VYu. Coagulation factors II,V and methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase gene polymorphism in patients with diabetic nephropathy: prevalence, clinical and prognostic implications. Diabetes Mellitus. 2010;13(1):6-9. doi: 10.14341/2072-0351-6009 (In Russ.)
- Moll S, Varga EA. Homocysteine and MTHFR Mutations. Circulation. 2015 Jul 7;132(1):e6-9. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.013311
- Singh K, Agrawal NK, Gupta SK, Singh K. A functional single nucleotide polymorphism -1562C>T in the matrix metalloproteinase-9 promoter is associated with type 2 diabetes and diabetic foot ulcers. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2013 Sep;12(3):199-204. doi: 10.1177/1534734613493289
- Bitsadze VO. Samburova NV, Makatsanya NA. Mishchenko AL. Folate deficiency in obstetrics and the problem of its correction. Akusherstvo Ginekologiia i Reproduktsiia. 2016;10(1)1:38-48. doi: 10.17749/2313-7347.2015.10.1.038-048 (In Russ.)
- Rahimi M, Hasanvand A, Rahimi Z, Vaisi-Raygani A, Mozafari H, Rezaei M, Zargooshi J, Najafi F, Shakiba E. Synergistic effects of the MTHFR C677T and A1298C polymorphisms on the increased risk of micro- and macro-albuminuria and progression of diabetic nephropathy among Iranians with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Clin Biochem. 2010 Nov;43(16-17):1333-39. doi: 10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2010.08.019
- Rusanov AV, Chumachenko IaD, Dubovik EI, Garbuzova VIu, Ataman AV. Analysis of the association between C936T VEGFA gene polymorphism and diabetic foot syndrome in the Ukrainian population. Research Results in Biomedicine. 2019;5(2):34-43. DOI: 10.18413/2658-6533-2019-5-2-0-4 (In Russ.).
- Li X, Lu Y, Wei P. Association between VEGF genetic variants and diabetic foot ulcer in Chinese Han population: A case-control study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018 May;97(20):e10672. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000010672
672000, Russian Federation,
Chita, Gorkii Str., 39à,
Chita State Medical Academy,
Department of Hospital Surgery,
tel.: +7 924 38045 38,
Troitskaya Natalia I.
Troitskaya Natalia I., PhD, Assistant of the Department of Hospital Surgery, Chita State Medical Academy, Chita, Russian Federation.
Shapovalov Konstantin G., MD, Professor, Head of the Department of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care, Chita State Medical Academy, Chita, Russian Federation.
Mudrov Viktor A., PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Medical and Dental Faculties, Chita State Medical Academy, Chita, Russian Federation.