This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2021 Vol. 29 No 4
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
V.V. BALYTSKYY 1, 2, M.P. ZAKHARASH 3, Å.G. ÊURYK 3, Y.M. ZAKHARASH 3
SURGICAL TREATMENT OF COMBINED ANORECTAL PATHOLOGY USING CURRENT TECHNOLOGIES
N.I. Pirogov Vinnitsa National Medical University 1, Khmelnitsky,
Khmelnitsky Regional Hospital 2, Khmelnitsky,
A.A. Bogomolets National Medical University 3, Kiev,
Objective. To evaluate the effectiveness of application radio-wave surgery device “Surgitron” and high-frequency electrosurgery devices “ERBE ICC 200”, “EFA”, “KLS Martin” for treatment of patients with combined anorectal pathology.
Methods. The treatment results of patients (n=635) with a combined anorectal pathology have been analyzed. The use of the «Surgitron» radio-wave surgery apparatus 245 (38.6%) patients were operated on, the «ERBE ICC 200» high-frequency electrosurgery apparatus - 169 (26.6%) patients, the «EFA» high-frequency electrosurgery apparatus – 114 (17.9 %) patients, «KLS Martin» high-frequency electrosurgery apparatus – 107 (16.9%) patients. After those surgical interventions to assess the effectiveness of the abovementioned current technologies, patients were conducted a morphological examination to determine the depth of the necrosis of tissues.
Results. According to the study results it has been established that application of the “Surgitron” radio-wave surgery device, “ERBE ICC 200” high-frequency electrosurgical devices “EFA”, “KLS Martin” reduces duration of the operation up to 15-30 min, the volume of bleeding - up to 10-30 ml, need in narcotic drugs - up to 1-4 ml, period of hospitalization – up to 3-6 days. Using these technologies prevented the formation of anal strictures and scar pararectal deformations due to the insignificant depth of tissue necrosis (the depth 0,036 -l 0,453 mm), ensuring the cosmetic effect of combined operations.
Conclusion. Application of the “Surgitron” radio-wave surgery device and “ERBE ICC 200” high-frequency electrosurgical devices, “EFA”, “KLS Martin” for treatment of patients with combined anorectal pathology reduces the operation duration, volume of bleeding and intensity of the postoperative pain. Use of these current technologies promotes the formation of a delicate elastic scar causing faster healing of postoperative wounds and improving the terms of patients’ rehabilitation.
- Bach HH 4th, Wang N, Eberhardt JM. Common anorectal disorders for the intensive care physician. J Intensive Care Med. 2014 Nov-Dec;29(6):334-41. doi: 10.1177/0885066613485347
- Borota AV, Kukhto AP, Baziian-Kukhto NK, Borota AA. Comparative analysis of surgical treatment of the combined non-tumor anorectal pathology. Novoobrazovanie (Neoplasm). 2018;10(1):18-22. doi: 10.26435/neoplasm.v10i1.242 (In Russ.)
- Raiymbekov OR, Zholbolduev ZhM, Aidarov UA. Sovremennye vzgliady na diagnostiku i lechenie pararektal’nogo svishcha v sochetanii s khronicheskim gemorroem. Koloproktologiia. 2017;(3s Pril):37-38. https://www.ruproctology.com/jour/article/view/1360?locale=ru_RU In Russ.)
- Wald A, Bharucha AE, Cosman BC, Whitehead WE. ACG clinical guideline: management of benign anorectal disorders. Am J Gastroenterol. 2014 Aug;109(8):1141-57; (Quiz) 1058. doi: 10.1038/ajg.2014.190
- Rivadeneira DE, Steele SR, Ternent C, Chalasani S, Buie WD, Rafferty JL; Standards Practice Task Force of The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. Practice parameters for the management of hemorrhoids (revised 2010). Dis Colon Rectum. 2011 Sep;54(9):1059-64. doi: 10.1097/DCR.0b013e318225513d
- Xu L, Chen H, Lin G, Ge Q. Ligasure versus Ferguson hemorrhoidectomy in the treatment of hemorrhoids: a meta-analysis of randomized control trials. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2015 Apr;25(2):106-10. doi: 10.1097/SLE.0000000000000136
- Lohsiriwat V. Treatment of hemorrhoids: A coloproctologist’s view. World J Gastroenterol. 2015 Aug 21;21(31):9245-52. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v21.i31.9245
- Lohsiriwat V. Anorectal emergencies. World J Gastroenterol. 2016 Jul 14;22(26):5867-78. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v22.i26.5867
- Esfahani MN, Madani G, Madhkhan S. A novel method of anal fissure laser surgery: a pilot study. Lasers Med Sci. 2015 Aug;30(6):1711-17. doi: 10.1007/s10103-015-1771-0
- Schornagel IL, Witvliet M, Engel AF. Five-year results of fissurectomy for chronic anal fissure: low recurrence rate and minimal effect on continence. Colorectal Dis. 2012 Aug;14(8):997-1000. doi: 10.1111/j.1463-1318.2011.02840.x
29000, Ukraine, Khmelnitsky,
Pilotskaya Str., 1 N.I. Pirogov Vinnitsa National Medical University, the Surgery
Department of the Postgraduate Training Faculty,
Khmelnitsky Regional Hospital
tel. mobile +38 097-235-96-85.
Balytskyy Vitaly V.
Balytskyy Vitaly V., PhD, Associate Professor of the Surgery Department of the Postgraduate Training Faculty, N.I. Pirogov Vinnitsa National Medical University, Khmelnitsky regional hospital, Khmelnitsky, Ukraine.
Zakharash Mikhail P., MD, Corresponding member of NAMS of Ukraine, Professor of the Surgery Department No1, A.A. Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev, Ukraine.
Kuryk Elena G., MD, Professor of the Department of Pathologic Anatomy No1, A.A. Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev, Ukraine.
Zakharash Yury M., MD, Professor of the Surgery Department No1, A.A. Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev, Ukraine.