This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2020 Vol. 28 No 4
GENARAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
A.R. PRUDNIKOV, A.N. SHCHUPAKOVA, G.D. KOROBOV
PREDICTING OF REPEATED CARDIOVASCULAR EVENTS WITHIN 1 YEAR AMONG PATIENTS WITH MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION AFTER CORONARY ARTERY STENTING
Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk,
The Republic of Belarus
Objective. To design the model to predict the recurrent cardiovascular events within 1 year including parameters of the cytokine profile and immune system in patients with myocardial infarction after coronary artery stenting.
Methods. The patients (n=23) with the diagnosis of myocardial infarction, verified according to coronary angiography, electrocardiogram results and biochemical blood test took part in the study. The stent-application procedure of symptom-related coronary arteries was performed in all symptomatic patients. The levels of interleukins 4, 6, 8, 10 and 18, tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α), vascular adhesion molecule sVCAM-1, immune system parameters (T- and B- cell immunity, IgA, IgG, IgM, phagocytic number, phagocytic index of leukocytes, circulating immune complexes), activity of neutrophil elastase and BAPNA-amidase in blood serum were evaluated.
Results. Discriminant analysis with «Classification trees» revealed that age, IL-6 level and IgG could be used as parameters (reference values) for assigning patients to the group of high or low risk of recurrent cardiovascular disease. Thus, patients over 52 years old with IL-6 levels less than 1.19 pg/ml and more than 4.83 pg/ml and IgG levels more than 9.075 g/l are at high risk. An unfavorable outcome is predicted in 100% of cases, favorable – in 80% of cases, and 88.5% is the percentage of correct prognosis. Based on the obtained results of logistic regression using with subsequent ROC analysis of the studied factors, the prediction model includes the age of patients, the level of IL-6, IgG, circulating immune complexes, the number of active T-lymphocytes (CD3+CD4+HLA-DR+), and the phagocytic index of leukocytes AUC of the model (area under the curve) = 0.845 (95% CI 0.645-1.0), sensitivity – 80%, specificity – 90.9% was designed.
Conclusion. The designed model allows predicting the occurrence of recurrent cardiovascular events in patients with myocardial infarction within 1 year after coronary artery stenting.
- The top 10 causes of death 2016. [Elektronnyi resurs]. Inform Biul VOZ [data obrashcheniia: 2019 Noiab 20]. Available from: https://www.who.int/ru/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death (In Russ,)
- Belarus’ – na shestom meste po smertnosti ot serdechno-sosudistykh zabolevanii v mire [Elektronnyi resurs] [data obrashcheniia: 2019 November 20]. Available from: https://thinktanks.by/publication/2017/05/21/belarus-na-shestom-meste-po-smertnosti-ot-serdechno-sosudistyh-zabolevaniy-v-mire.html (In Russ,)
- Set’, kadry organizatsii zdravookhraneniia i zabolevaemost’ naseleniia v Respublike Belarus’ za 2018 god [Elektronnyi resurs]. Nats stat kabinet Resp Belarus’ [data obrashcheniia: 2019 November 20]. Available from: https://www.belstat.gov.by/ofitsialnaya-statistika/solialnaya-sfera/zdravoohranenie_2/publikatsii_3/index_7296/ In Russ,)
- Libby P, Pasterkamp G. Requiem for the “vulnerable plaque”. Eur Heart J. 2015 Nov 14;36(43):2984-87. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehv349
- Plechev VV, Risberg RYu, Buzaev IV, Oleinik BA., Kharasova AF. Ñomplications of percutaneous coronary interventions. Med Vestn Bashkortostana 2016;11(6):102-108. https://mvb-bsmu.ru/files/journals/6_2016.pdf (In Russ.)
- Cassese S, Byrne RA, Tada T, Pinieck S, Joner M, Ibrahim T, King LA, Fusaro M, Laugwitz KL, Kastrati A. Incidence and predictors of restenosis after coronary stenting in 10 004 patients with surveillance angiography. Heart. 2014 Jan;100(2):153-59. doi: 10.1136/heartjnl-2013-304933
- Orekhova IN, Ivanchenko DN, Dorofeeva NP, Martirosov VY, Shlyk SV. Informativeness of markers of systemic infl ammation in patients with stable ischemic heart disease: infl uence of depressive symptoms and restenosis in anamnesis. Med Vestn Iuga Rossii. 2018;9(1):70-79. doi: 10.21886/2219-8075-2018-9-1-70-79(In Russ.)
- Flego D, Liuzzo G, Weyand CM, Crea F. Adaptive immunity dysregulation in acute coronary syndromes: from cellular and molecular basis to clinical implications. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016 Nov 8;68(19):2107-17. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2016.08.036
- Peripheral arterial diseases are «a window into cardiovascular health». European Society of Cardiology. 2017 ESC Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Diseases, in collaboration with the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS) – part 1 [Ýëåêòðîííûé ðåñóðñ] [äàòà îáðàùåíèÿ: 2020 Àïð 04]. Available from: https://www.escardio.org/Congresses-&-Events/ESC-Congress/Congress-resources/Congress-news/peripheral-arterial-diseases-are-a-window-into-cardiovascular-health
- Prudnikov AR, Shchupakova AN. Multifocal atherosclerosis is one of the major risk factors that accelerates the development of acute cardiovascular events. Med Akad Zhurn. 2018;18(2):29-42. doi: 10.17816/MAJ18229-42. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35664244& (In Russ.)
- Ibanez B, James S, Agewall S, Antunes MJ, Bucciarelli-Ducci Ñ, Bueno H, Caforio ALP, Crea F, Goudevenos JA, Halvorsen S, Hindricks G, Kastrati A, Lenzen MJ, Prescott E, Roffi M, Valgimigli M, Varenhorst C, Vranckx P, Widimsky P. 2017 ESC guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation. ROS Kardiol Zhurn. 2018;23(5):103-58. doi: 10.15829/1560-4071-2018-5-103-158
- Pryshchepenka VA. Blood serum enzymatic activities for the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of chronic diffuse liver diseases . Vestn VGMU. 2019;18(4):46-59. doi: 10.22263/2312-4156.2019.4.46 (In Russ.)
- Novikov DK, Novikov PD, Yanchenko VV. The methods of T and B-lymphocytes determintion using the particles coupled with monoclonal antibodies. Immunopatologiia, Allergologiia, Infektologiia. 2000;(2):31-33. http://www.immunopathology.com/ru/article.php?carticle=449 (In Russ.)
- Xu H, Zou J, Ye X, Han J, Gao L, Luo S, Wang J, Huang C, Yan X, Dai H. Impacts of clinical pharmacist intervention on the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease: a randomized controlled clinical study. Front Pharmacol. 2019 Oct 8;10:1112. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2019.01112. eCollection 2019.
- Backus BE, Six AJ, Kelder JH, Gibler WB, Moll FL, Doevendans PA. Risk scores for patients with chest pain: evaluation in the emergency department. Curr Cardiol Rev. 2011 Feb;7(1):2-8. doi: 10.2174/157340311795677662
210009, Republic of Belarus,
Vitebsk, Frunze Ave., 27,
Vitebsk State Medical University,
Department of Internal Diseases
tel. +375 029 515-80-15,
Prudnikov Alexander R.
Prudnikov Alexandår R., Assistant of the Department of Internal Diseases, Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus.
Shchupacova Alina N., MD, Professor of the Deparnment of Internal Diseases, Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus.
Korobov Gennadii D., PhD, Associate Professor of the Training Center for Practical Training and Simulation Training, Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus.