This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2018 Vol. 26 No 1
M.D. ROMANOV 1, E.M. KIREEVA 1,2
PULMONARY ENDOMETRIOSIS: TREATMENT TACTICS
National Research N.P. Ogarev Mordovia State University 1,
Republican Clinical Hospital ¹ 4 2, Saransk
The Russian Federation
The article presents two clinical observations of a rare pathology, pulmonary endometriosis, complicated by hemoptysis. A 34-year-old female patient has had periodic hemoptysis during menses since 1969. At the age of 19 she underwent an emergency operation for pulmonary hemorrhage, which was stopped by the ligation of the intermediate bronchus root with the ligature due to ventricular fibrillation and unstable hemodynamics. Subsequently, periodic hemoptysis continued, but the patient refused to undergo bronchial examination and biopsy. 27.10.1983 a right-sided pneumonectomy was performed, during which the pneumocirrhosis of the lower and middle lobes and foci of the endometrioid tissue in the upper lobe of the right lung were observed. During the follow-up for 10 years, hemoptysis has not been observed, pathology from the side of the trachea bronchial tubes and left lung has not been detected.
The second observation demonstrates the effectiveness of a 6-month continuous course of treatment of pulmonary endometriosis in combination with adenomyosis with the use of dienogest in a 25-year-old patient, which was accompanied not only by the activity suppression of the endometriosis foci, but also by the disappearance of clinical and instrumental manifestations both in the uterus, and in the lung. In this observation, the duration of the disease before treatment was 3 months; both patients had an unfavorable gynecological anamnesis.
- Voskresenskii OV, Smoliar AN, Damirov MM, Galankina IE, Zhelev IG. Thoracic endometriosis and catamenial pneumothorax. Khirurgiia Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2014;(10):4-9. (in Russ)
- Pichurov AA, Orzheshkovskiy OV, Dvorakovskaya IV, Romanova LA, Ivanishchak BE, Karelskaya EA, Petrunkin AM, Petrov AS, Atyukov MA, Yablonskiy PK. Thoracic endometriosis – the rare pathology in thoracic surgery. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2014;173(1):26-29. (in Russ.)
- Chatra PS. Thoracic endometriosis: a case report. J Radiol Case Rep. 2012 Jan; 6(1):25-30. doi: 10.3941/jrcr.v6i1.614.
- Choi SY, Kim CK, Park CB. Successful treatment of catamenial hemoptysis by video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013 Jan;61(1):94-96. doi: 10.1055/s-0032-1330227.
- Dvorakovskaya IV, Pechennikova VA, Ariel’ BM, Platonova IS, Novikova LN, Orzheshkovskiy OV, Pichurov AA,Yablonskiy PK. Pulmonary endometriosis as a form of endometrial disease. Pul’monologiia. 2016;26(4):459-65. doi: 10.18093/0869-0189-2016-26-4-459-465. (in Russ.)
- Adamian LV, Andreeva EN, Apolikhina IA, Bezhenar’ VF, Gevorkian MA, Gus AI, Demidov VN, Kalinina EA, Levakov SA, Marchenko LA, Popov AA, Sonova MM, Khashukoeva AZ, Chernukha GE, Iarotskaia EL. Endometrioz: diagnostika, lechenie i reabilitatsiia: federal’nye klinicheskie rekomendatsii po vedeniiu bol’nykh. Moscow, RF; 2013. 65 p. (in Russ.)
- Schweppe KW, Rabe T, Langhardt M, Kiesel L. Endometriosis-pathogenesis, diagnosis and therapeutic options for clinical and ambulatory care. J Reproduktionsmed Endokrinol. 2013;10(1):102-19.
- Romanov MD, Kuvakin VI, Kosarev IuI. Lechebnaia taktika pri legochnykh krovotecheniiakh. Klin Khirurgiia. 1986;10:29–31. (in Russ.)
- Sotnikova LS, Udut EV, Nasyrova RF, Tonkikh OS. Modern methods of endometriosis therapy – the experience of visanne use. Problemy Reproduktsii. 2012;(6):34-39. (in Russ.)
430032, The Russian Federation,
Saransk, Ulyanov Str., 32,
N.P. Ogarev Mordovia State University,
Department of Hospital Surgery,
Tel. mobile +79279710237,
Romanov Mikhail D.
Romanov Mikhail D., MD, Professor, Professor of the Hospital Surgery Department, National Research N.P. Ogarev Mordovia State University, Saransk, the Russian Federation.
Kireeva Ekaterina M., PhD, Associate Professor of the Hospital Surgery Department, Thoracic Surgeon, National Research N.P. Ogarev Mordovia State University, Republican Clinical Hospital ¹ 4, Saransk, the Russian Federation.