This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 4
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
V.I. RUSIN, E.S. SIRCHAK, S.S. FILIP, P.F. SERVETNIK
THE ROLE OF α1-ANTITRYPSIN IN THE ETIOLOGY OF CHRONIC PANCREATITIS AND ITS COMPLICATIONS
SHEE "Uzhgorod National University",
Objectives. To investigate the dynamics of α1-antitrypsin (α1-AT) indices in the blood and feces of patients with complicated forms of chronic pancreatitis (CP).
Methods. The patients (n=158) with the pseudocystic forms chronic pancreatitis (PCP) were examined. They were distributed into 2 groups: group I (n=76) – the patients with pancreatic pseudocysts without CP complications; group II (n=82) – patients with CP, in whom was complicated with the pre-liver portal hypertension (PH), infectioning of the PCP, hemorrhage from the upper parts of the digestive tract, duodenal obstruction and obstructive jaundice. The levels of α1-AT (“Immundiagnostic AG”, Germany) were determined in the blood serum and feces of patients and its clearance were calculated. The study was conducted before treatment and on the 5th day after the surgery.
Results. In patients of group I the indices of α1-AT in the blood plasma were slightly higher than the indices of the control group, but the level in the feces and its clearance did not differ from those in healthy people. In patients of group II the overall level of α1-AT in the blood plasma was 6,6 fold higher than the indices of the control group. High concentration of α1-AT in the blood in the given patients before treatment was accompanied by its increased level in feces as well as its fecal clearance.
Conclusion. In patients with complicated forms of PCP pancreatitis an increase of α1-AT level in the blood plasma and feces is observed as well as its fecal clearance. The highest indices of α1-AT in the blood plasma and feces are determined in infecting of PCP, pre-liver PH and duodenal obstruction in patients with CP. Surgical interventions on the pancreas lead to reduction of α1-AT level in the blood plasma and feces as well as its fecal clearance.
- Gubergrits NB. Osnovnye napravleniia v reabilitatsii bol'nykh khronicheskim pankreatitom [The main directions in rehabilitation of patients with chronic pancreatitis]. Zdorov'ia Ukra¿ni. 2008;19(1):60-61.
- Dorofeev AE, Khorunzhaia VS. Rol' narusheniia ravnovesiia "proteazy-antiproteazy" v patogeneze khronicheskogo pankreatita [The role of disequilibrium "antiprotease-protease" in the pathogenesis of chronic pancreatitis]. Gastroenterolog³ia. 2012.;(46):107-13.
- Dorofeev AE, Khorunzhaia VS, Khorostovska I, Struniavski R, Parkhomenko TA. Uroven' antiproteoliticheskoi zashchity u patsientov s sochetannoi patologiei organov dykhaniia i podzheludochnoi zhelezy [The level of anti-proteolytic protection in patients with combined pathology of the respiratory system and pancreas]. Pitannia Eksperimental'no¿ ta Kl³n³chno¿ Meditsini. 2012;2(16):31-36.
- Stepanov IuM, Za³chenko NG. Khron³chnii pankreatit: b³l³arnii mekhan³zm, chinniki ta pereb³g [Chronic pancreatitis: biliary mechanism causes and course]. Zaporozh Med Zhurn. 2012;(1):46-50.
- Khristich TN, Kendezerskaia TB, Pishak VP, Gubergrits NB. «Pankreaticheskii omnibus» (nasledstvennyi pankreatit) ["Pancreatic horsebus" (nasledstvennûy pancreatitis)]. Vestn Kluba Pankreatologov. 2009;(5):40-47.
- Shevchenko BF, Babii AM, Makarchuk VA, Oshmianskaia NIu, Petishko OP. Morfofunktsional'noe sostoianie podzheludochnoi zhelezy na etapakh ee fibroznoi transformatsii pri khronicheskom pankreatite [Morphofunctional state of the pancreas at stages of its fibrous transformation in chronic pancreatitis]. Vestn Problem Biologii i Meditsiny. 2014;1(4):305-13.
- Jupp J, Fine D, Johnson PD. The epidemiology and socioeconomic impact of chronic pancreatitis. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2010 Jun;24(3):219-31. doi: 10.1016/j.bpg.2010.03.005.
- Kavutharapu S, Nagalla B, Abbagani V, Porika SK, Akka J, Nallari P, et al. Role of proteases and antiprotease in the etiology of chronic pancreatitis. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2012 Nov-Dec;18(6):364-8. doi: 10.4103/1319-3767.103427.
- Stoller JK, Aboussouan LS. A review of α1-antitrypsin deficiency. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012 Feb 1;185(3):246-59. doi: 10.1164/rccm.201108-1428CI.
- Wang Q, Du J, Yu P, Bai B, Zhao Z, Wang S, et al. Hepatic steatosis depresses alpha-1-antitrypsin levels in human and rat acute pancreatitis. Sci Rep. 2015 Dec 4;5:17833. doi: 10.1038/srep17833.
88000, Ukraine, Transcarpathian region, Uzhgorod, People sq., 1, SHEE "Uzhhorod National University", faculty of medicine, chair of propedeutics of internal deseases. Tel: + 38050-976-17-94
Sirchak Elizaveta Stepanovna
Rusin V.I. MD, Professor, SHEE "Uzhgorod National University", chair of surgical diseases, medical faculty.
Sirchak E.S. MD, Professor, SHEE "Uzhgorod National University", chair of propaedeutics of internal diseases, medical faculty.
Filip S.S. MD, Professor, SHEE "Uzhgorod National University", chair of general surgery, medical faculty.
Servetnik P.F. Post-graduate student, SHEE "Uzhgorod National University", chair of general surgery , medical faculty.