This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2014 Vol. 22 No 5
GENERAL AND SPECIAL SURGERY
S.G. SOVA1, E.O. LEBEDEVA2
CARDIOMYOPATHY CAUSED BY COMBINED ACTION OF LOCAL PULSE VIBRATION AND INDUSTRIAL NOISE
National Medical University named after A.A. Bogomolets, Kiev1,
SE “National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery named AFTER N.M. Amosov NAMS of the Ukraine” 2
Objectives. To reveal signs of noncoronary dystrophic process in the myocardium of workers of aircraft enterprises exposed to a long combined impact of local impulse vibration and industrial noise.
Methods. In the hospital of occupational diseases of National Medical University named after A.A. Bogomolets and the department of urgent endovascular surgery with X-ray operation room of National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of the Ukraine during the period from 2008 to 2013, 34 workers of vibro-noise professions of the aircraft enterprises (the main group) and 27 persons of the control group underwent a profound cardiologic examination. Besides routine methods all workers were subjected to the coronaroventriculography (CVG) and a vectorechocardiography (VECG) at rest and in the dobutamine stress test.
Results. Among the inspected workers with the cardiac syndrome, in 86,7% persons of the main and 40,7% persons of the control group according VECG data, the signs of dystrophic process in the myocardium were revealed. At rest a mean value of the longitudinal myocardial deformation index of the left ventricle (LDMLV) in patients of the main group was lower than value of this index in the control group, not reaching statistically significant difference. Dobutamine stress-test revealed more substantial decline of index of LDMLV in the main group (17,2±2,2) as compared to control (13,4±1,4), making these differences reliable (ð<0,01).
Coronaroventriculography together with the conservative methods of cardiologic research allowed eliminating the influence on development of trophic disturbances in the myocardium of the basic modified cardiovascular risk factors and also primary cardiologic pathology in workers of both groups.
Conclusion. In workers of aircraft enterprises exposed to the long professional impact of local impulse vibration and industrial noise, the cardiomyopathy syndrome has been diagnosed. The exclusion of possible etiopathogenic role in development of this syndrome of primary cardiovascular pathology allows assuming presence of other development mechanisms of trophic violations in the cardiac muscle in this group of workers and demands carrying out further scientific search.
- Lim SS, Vos T, Flaxman AD, Danaei G, Shibuya K, Adair-Rohani H, Amann M, Anderson HR, Andrews KG, Aryee M, Atkinson C, Bacchus LJ, Bahalim AN, Balakrishnan K, Balmes J, Barker-Collo S, et al. A comparative risk assessment of burden of disease and injury attributable to 67 risk factors and risk factor clusters in 21 regions, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet. 2012 Dec 15;380(9859):2224–60.
- Mathers CD, Loncar D.Projections of global mortality and burden of disease from 2002 to 2030. PLoS Med. 2006 Nov;3(11):e442.
- Kundiev IuI, Nagornaia A. Professional'noe zdorov'e v Ukraine. Epidemiologicheskii analiz [Occupational health in Ukraine. Epidemiological analysis]. Kiev, Ukraina: Avitsenna, 2007. 396 p.
- Iavorovskii OP, Vertelenko MV, Shidlovskaia TV. Gigienichna otsenka shumu na robochikh mistsiakh i kharakteristika pochatkovikh porushen' v slukhovomu analizatori u pratsivnikiv «shumovikh» professh aviatsshnogo mashinobuduvannia [Hygienic assessment of noise in the workplaces and characteristics of primary disturbances in the auditory analyzer in "noise professions" workers of aeronautical engineering]. Ukr Zhurn Z Problem Meditsini Prashch. 2008;3(5):63–70.
- Gorbatovskii IaA, Epifantseva NN, Gracheva LV, Filimonov SN, Stankevich NG, Danilevskaia LA. Vliianie lokal'noi vibratsii na razvitie ishemicheskoi bolezni serdtsa u shakhterov iuga Kuzbassa [Influence of local vibration on the development of coronary heart disease in the the miners of Kuzbas south]. Klin Med. 2002;80(11):134–37.
- Vein AM. Vegetativnye rasstroistva: Klinika, diagnostika, lechenie [Autonomic dysfunction: clinical picture, diagnosis, treatment]. Moscow, RF: Med Inform Agenstvo, 1998. 752 p.
- Iavorovskii AP, Shevtsova VM, Sova SG. Kharakteristika i napriazhennost' truda pri vypolnenii sborochno-klepal'nykh rabot na aviatsionnykh predpriiatiiakh [Characteristics and intensity of labor in performing assembly and riveting works in aviation enterprises]. Ukr Zhurn Z Probl Med Prats³. 2013;3(36):25–33.
- Warnes CA, Williams RG, Bashore TM, Child JS, Connolly HM, Dearani JA, del Nido P, Fasules JW, Graham TP Jr, Hijazi ZM, Hunt SA, King ME, Landzberg MJ, Miner PD, Radford MJ, Walsh EP. ACC/AHA 2008 guidelines for the management of adults with congenital heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008 Dec 2;52(23):e143–263.
- Conti CR. Coronary arteriography. Circulation, 1977;55(2):227–37.
- Travin MI, Wexler JP. Pharmacological Stress Testing. Semin Nucl Med 24(4): 298-318, 1999.
- Madler CF, Payne N, Wilkenshoff U, Cohen A, Derumeaux GA, Pierard LA, Engvall J, Brodin LA, Sutherland GR, Fraser AG; Non-invasive diagnosis of coronary artery disease by quantitative stress echocardiography: optimal diagnostic models using off-line tissue Doppler in the MYDISE study. Myocardial Doppler in Stress Echocardiography (MYDISE) Study Investigators. Eur Heart J. 2003 Sep;24(17):1584–94.
01601, Ukraina, g. Kiev,
bulvar T. Shevchenko, d. 13,
Natsionalnyiy meditsinskiy universitet im. A.A. Bogomoltsa,
kafedra gigienyi truda i professionalnyih bolezney,
tel. office: 380 44 424 34 42,
Sova Sergey Gennadievich
Sova S.G., PhD, associate professor of the occupational hygiene and occupational diseases chair of National Medical University named after A.A. Bogomolts.
Lebedeva E.O., a surgeon of the department of urgent endovascular surgery with X-ray operation room of SE “National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery named after N.M. Amosov of NAMS of the Ukraine”.