This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2012 Vol. 20 No 3
G.YU. TSIRDAVA 1, G.M. LUKOYANOVA 2, A.E. KLETSKIN 2, V.P. OBRYADOV 1, E.A. ROZHDENKIN 1
OPERATIVE TREATMENT OF GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE IN CHILDREN
FSBE “Nizhny Novgorod scientific research institute of pediatric gastroenterology”1,
SBEE HPE “Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy”2
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To improve the surgical treatment results of the gastroesophageal reflux disease in children.
Methods. Gastroesophageal junction insufficiency is one of the causes of the gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). To eliminate the gastroesophageal reflux we suggest our own modification of the anti-reflux surgery – the modified purse-string suture on the gastroesophageal junction. 7 patients have been operated on according to this technique. Fibrogastroduodenoscopy, X-ray, pH-metry, ultrasound of the abdominal cavity organs have been carried out in all operated patients before and after the surgery.
Results. The proposed technique of the surgical treatment of the gastroesophageal reflux disease eliminates the gastroesophageal junction insufficiency as well as it yields good functional and clinical results in the nearest and distant postoperative periods that is backed by clinical-laboratory data.
Conclusions. Anti-reflux surgery, esophagofundoplication with the modified purse-string suture, is effective; it eliminates pathological reflux in all patients and yields good functional results.
1. Baranov AA, Klimanskaja GV, Rimarchuk GV. Detskaja gastrojenterologija (izbrannye glavy) [Pediatric gastroenterology (selected chapters)]. Moscow, RF: 2002. 589 p.
2. Privorotskii VF, Luppova NE. Gastroezofageal'neia refliuksnzia bolezn'. Detskaia gastroenterologiia (izbrannye glavy) [Gastroesophageal reflux disease (selected chapters)]. Moscow, RF: 2002. p. 180–209.
3. Shcherbakov PL. Voprosy pediatricheskoi gastroenterologii [The problems of pediatric gastroenterology]. Rus Med Zhurn. 2003;11(3):107–12.
4. Westra SJ, Wolf BH, Slaalman CR. Ultrasound diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux and hiatal hernia in infants and young children. J Clin Ultrasound. 1990;18(6):477–85.
5. Stepanov EA. Gastroezofageal'naia refliuksnaia bolezn' u detei [Gastroesophageal reflux disease in children]. Ros Zhurn Gastroenterologii, Gepatologii, Koloproktologii. 1998;1:88–9.
6. Zaprudnov AM, Sadovnikov VI, Shcherbakov PL, Grigor'ev KI, Kvirkeliia MA. Krovotecheniia u detei s zabolevaniiami pishchevoda, zheludka i kishechnika [Bleeding in children with esophageal, gastric and intestinal diseases]. Moscow, SSSR: 1997. 125 p.
7. Lukoianova GM. Gastroezofageal'naia refliuksnaia bolezn' u detei [ Gastroesophageal reflux disease in children] V: Makarov NA, red. 40 let klin sorokovoi bol'nitse: cb nauch tr. Nizhny Novgorod, RF; 2006. p. 209–14.
8. Chernousov AF, Korchak AM, Stepankin SN, Efendiev VM. Povtornye operatsii posle funoplikatsii po Nissenu. [Reoperations after Nissen fundoplication]. Khirurgiia. Zhurn im NI Pirogova 1985;(9):5–10.
9. Marshal R. Is the degree of duodenal-gastric reflux related to the severity of gastrooesophageal reflux? Gut. 1997;41(Suppl. 3):A101.
10. Kubyshkin VA, Korniak BS, Azimov RKh. Gastroezofageal'naia ref-liuksnaia bolezn' - novye tendentsii v diagnostike lecheniia [Gastroesophageal reflux disease - new trends in diagnosis of treatment]. Klin Meditsina. 1999;(3):15–21.
11.Khavkin AI, Zhikhareva NS, Khanakeeva ZK. Vozrastnye aspekty diagnostiki i lecheniia gastroezofageal'noi refliuksnoi bolezni u detei [Age-related aspects of diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease in children]. Terapevt Gastroenterologiia. 2003;(2):59–62.
12. Lukoianova GM, Sheliakhin VE, Dikushin AN. Sposob khirurgicheskogo lecheniia gastroezofageal'noi refliuksnoi bolezni [The method of surgical treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease]: pat. RF ¹2361530; zaiavka ¹ 2007133059; reg. 20.07. 2009.
603950, Rossiiskaia Federatsiia, g. Nizhnii Novgorod, ul. Semashko, d. 22, FGBU “Nizhegorodskii nauchno-issledovatel'skii institut detskoi gastroenterologii”, otdelenie khirurgii.
Tsirdava Gocha Iur'evich
Tsirdava G.Yu., Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Research Fellow of FBSE "Nizhny Novgorod Scientific Research Institute of Pediatric Gastroenterology," Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia.
Lukoyanova G.M., Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Surgery Chair of the Faculty of the Advanced Training of SBEE HPE "Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy," Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia.
Kletskin A.E., Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Surgery Chair of the Faculty of the Advanced Training of SBEE HPE "Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy," Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia.
Obryadov V.P., Candidate of Medical Sciences, Pediatric Surgeon of FBSE "Nizhny Novgorod Scientific Research Institute of Pediatric Gastroenterology," Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia.
Rozhdenkin E.A., Junior Research Fellow of FBSE «Nizhny Novgorod Scientific Research Institute of Pediatric Gastroenterology», Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia.