This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 2
GENERAL AND SPECIAL SURGERY
V.V. DOROFEYKOV, T.A. SHESHURINA, D.I. KURAPEEV, V.O. KABANOV, N.S. PASCAR, I.V. SUHOVA, A.V. VOROBYOVA, T.V. VAVILOVA, E.V. KULESHOVA
DYNAMICS OF TROPONIN I IN DIFFERENT TYPES OF CARDIAC SURGERY AND APPLICATION OF ESC/ACCF/AHA/WHF 2012 RECOMMENDATIONS IN DIAGNOSTICS OF POSTOPERATIVE MYOCARDIAL DAMAGE
FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", Saint-Petersburg,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To compare the degree of troponin I concentration elevation in patients after various cardiac surgeries. To assess the applicability of international ESC/ACCF/AHA/WHF 2012 recommendations for diagnostics of postoperative myocardial infarction (MI).
Methods. The patients were divided into three groups. In the first group the percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) has been performed (n=112). In the second group the patients (n=62) were subjected to the isolated aorta-coronary bypass grafting (ACBG). In the third group (n=18) the combination of aorta-coronary bypass grafting with the left ventricular aneurysm plasty has been carried out. The measurement of serum concentrations of cardiac troponin before treatment and then 24 hours after the surgery.
Results. It is shown that the volume and nature of surgical intervention significantly affect the extent of myocardial damage, and also on the dynamics of postoperative troponin level. Exceeding the recommended ESC / ACCF / AHA / WHF diagnostic troponin level (99 percentile) for the diagnosis of myocardial infarction after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) 5-folds was observed in 26 (23,8%) patients, exceeding 10-folds – in 13 (11,4%), exceeding 20-folds – 4 (3,5%), in excess of 50-folds or more – in 21 (18,8%) patients. After isolated coronary artery bypass grafting (ICABG) the diagnostic level of MI determination is equal to 10-folds exceeding of 99 percentile. In the group with ICABG 20-folds exceeding was observed in 1 (1,7%), 50-folds and more exceeding – in 25 (40,3%), 100-folds and more exceeding – in 36 (58%) patients. In the combined surgery a significant exceeding of the troponin concentration has ben noticed: exceeding of 99 percentile in 50-100-folds – in 2 patients (11,2%), more than 100-folds exceeding – in 16 (88,8%) patients.
Conclusion. Troponinemia while carrying out of the extended cardiac surgical procedures is not accompanied by the signs of myocardial ischemia has demonstrated in the most cases. Accepted criteria of the postoperative MI diagnostics require in reviewing and optimization to exclude cases of unjustified diagnostics of MI.
- Wheatley DJ.Protecting the damaged heart during coronary surgery. Heart. 2003 Apr;89(4):367-68.
- Komitet ekspertov VNOK. Natsional'nye rekomendatsii po diagnostike i lecheniiu bol'nykh ostrym infarktom miokarda s pod"emom segmenta ST EKG [National guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of patients with acute myocardial infarction with ECG ST-segment elevation]. Kardiovaskuliar Terapiia i Profilaktika. 2007;6(8), (Pril 1):424-26.
- Thygesen K, Alpert JS, Jaffe AS, Simoons ML, Chaitman BR, White HD, et al. Third Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction. Expert Consensus Document. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012 Oct 16;60(16):1581-98. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2012.08.001.
- Miller WL, Garratt KN, Burritt MF, Reeder GS, Jaffe AS. Timing of peak troponin T and creatine kinase-MB elevations after percutaneous coronary intervention. Chest. 2004 Jan;125(1):275-80.
- Sheshurina TA, Dorofeikov VV, Kurapeev DI, Bautin AE. Dinamika kardiospetsifichnykh troponinov T i I pri aortokoronarnom shuntirovanii - interpretatsiia rezul'tatov [Dynamics of cardiac troponin T and I at coronary artery bypass surgery - interpretation of the results] (klinicheskie nabliudeniia, obzor literatury). Klin-Lab Konsilium. 2012;3(43):61-65.
- Jaffe AS, Babuin L, Apple FS. Biomarkers in acute cardiac disease: the present and the future. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006 Jul 4;48(1):1-11.
- Dorofeikov VV, Sheshurina TA, Ivanov VI, Bautin AE. Vysokochuvstvitel'nyi troponin I i mozgovoi natriiureticheskii peptid u patsientov s IBS pri operatsiiakh aortokoronarnogo shuntirovaniia i plastiki anevrizmy levogo zheludochka, sravnitel'noe issledovanie [High-sensitivity troponin I and brain natriuretic peptide in patients with ischemic heart disease at coronary artery bypass surgery and plastic left ventricular aneurysm, a comparative study]. Biull NTsSSKh im AN Bakuleva. 2012;13(3):133-34.
- Holmvang L, Jurlander B, Rasmussen C, Thiis JJ, Grande P, Clemmensen P.Use of biochemical markers of infarction for diagnosing perioperative myocardial infarction and early graft occlusion after coronary artery bypass surgery. Chest. 2002 Jan;121(1):103-11.
- Thygesen K, Alpert JS, White HD. Universal definition of myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2007 Nov 27;116(22):2634-53.
194156, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya,
g. Sankt-Peterburg, pr. Parhomenko, d. 15,
FBGU "Federalnyiy meditsinskiy
issledovatelskiy tsentr im. V.A. Almazova",
tel. mob.: 8 911 211-26-12,
Dorofeykov Vladimir Vladimirovich
Dorofeykov V.V. MD, professor of the clinical laboratory diagnostics and genetics chair of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.
Sheshurina T.A. A post-graduate student of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.
Kurapeev D.I. PhD, a head of SRL of bioprosthetics and cardioprotection of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.
Kabanov V.O. A post-graduate student of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.
Pascar N.S. A physician of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.
Suhova I.V. PhD, a physician of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.
Vorobyova A.V. A physician of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.
Vavilova T.V. MD, professor, a head of the clinical laboratory diagnostics and genetics chair of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.
Kuleshova E.V. MD, professor, freelancer researcher of FBSE "Federal Medical Research Center named after V.A. Almazov", St. Petersburg.