This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 2
S.V. IVANOV, O.S. GORBACHOVA, I.S. IVANOV, G.N. GORYAINOVA, E.G. OBIEDKOV, D.V. TARABRIN, G.N. GAFAROV, I.A. IVANOVA
GIANT INGUINAL- SCROTAL HERNIA
SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University",
The Russian Federation
A clinical case of treatment of 57-year-old patient suffering from the irreducible giant inguinal-scrotal hernia is presented. On admission the patient complained on the marked abdominal wall defects, abnormal enlargement of the scrotum and inability to care for self. For the first time hernia protrusion appeared 11 years ago and has been gradually increased. The patient noticed the most intensive growth of the hernia within last 1,5 years.
The left-side inguinal-scrotal herniotomy, Liechtenstein’s plastics, endoprosthetics of the anterior abdominal wall with the polypropylene surgical net (in-lay method combined with the elements of Ramirez operation) have been performed. There were no complications in the post-operation period. The excision and plastics of the scrotum are planned to perform as the second step in six months. Taking into consideration the peculiarity of the case (giant size of the hernia protrusion and difficulties in surgical treatment) it was decided to use a complex of surgical methods while treating this pathology. Thus the development of compartment syndrome and post-operative complications has been avoided. As a result the efficacy improvement of the performed treatment was achieved. The presented case is interesting as the demonstration option of an operative repair of the giant irreducible inguinal-scrotal hernia.
- Timoshin AD, Iurasov AV, Shestakov AL. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie pakhovykh i posleoperatsionnykh gryzh briushnoi stenki [Surgical treatment of inguinal hernias and postoperative abdominal wall]. Triada-Kh. Moscow, RF: 2003. 144 p.
- Agrawal A, Avill R. Mesh migration following repair of inguinal hernia: a case report and review of literature. Hernia. 2005;(29):1-4.
- Kuchkin IuV, Kutukov VE, Pecherov AA, Shpekht DIu. Sposoby alloplastiki bol'shikh i gigantskikh posleoperatsionnykh gryzh [The methods of alloplasty of large and giant postoperative hernias]. Gerniologiia. 2005;(1):30-32.
- Jenkins JT, O'Dwyer PJ. Inguinal hernias. BMJ. 2008 Feb 2;336(7638):269-72. doi: 10.1136/bmj.39450.428275.AD.
- Protasov AV, Bogdanov DIu, Magomadov RKh. Prakticheskie aspekty sovremennykh gernioplastik [Practical aspects of modern hernia repair]. Moscow, RF: Rusaki. 2011. 207 p.
- Darvin VV, Shpichka AV, Onishchenko SV. Alloplastika v lechenii obshirnykh i gigantskikhposleoperatsionnykh gryzh [Alloplastica in the treatment of large and giant postoperative hernias]. Gerniologiia. 2008;1(17):10.
- Fedorov VD, Adamian AA, Gogiia VSh. Evoliutsiia lecheniia pakhovykh gryzh [The evolution of the treatment of inguinal hernias]. Khirurgiia. Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2000;(3):51-53.
- Borisov AE, Malkova SK, Toidze VV. Primenenie polipropilenovoi setki pri bol'shikh i gigantskikh gryzhakh perednei briushnoi stenki [The use of polypropylene mesh for large and giant anterior abdominal wall hernias]. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2002;(6):76-78.
305004, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya,
g. Kursk, ul. K. Marksa, d. 3,
GBOU VPO "Kurskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet",
kafedra khirurgicheskih bolezney ¹ 1,
tel.: 7 904 528-14-28,
Ivanov Ilya Sergeevich
Ivanov S.V. MD, professor, a head of the surgical diseases chair N1 of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Gorbachova O.S. PhD, a head of the general surgery unit of Kursk Regional Clinical Hospital.
Ivanov I.S. MD, an associate professor of the surgical diseases chair N1of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Goryainova G.N. PhD, an associate professor of the histology chair N1of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Obiedkov E.G. A post-graduate student of the surgical diseases chair N1 of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Tarabrin D.V. A post-graduate student of the surgical diseases chair N1 of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Gafarov G.N. A post-graduate student of the surgical diseases chair N1of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Ivanova I.A. PhD, an associate professor of the clinical immunology and allergology chair of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".