This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2022 Vol. 30 No 4
T.N. TSERAKHAVA 1, I.O. POHODENKO-CHUDAKOVA 2, O.A. YUDINA 3, N. NIJIATI 1
EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE STANDARD COMPLEX TREATMENT OF ACUTE PURULENT PERIOSTITIS OF THE MANDIBLE BASED ON MORPHOLOGICAL CHANGES IN EXPERIMENTAL CONDITIONS
Belarusian State Medical University, Minsk,
Republic of Belarus
Objective. The aim of the study is to determine the effectiveness of the standard complex treatment of acute purulent periostitis of the mandible on the basis of morphological changes in experimental conditions.
Methods. The study was performed on 47 rabbits (acute purulent periostitis of the lower jaw was simulated on 45). Series 1 – 12 animals that received only surgical treatment after the model was created. Series 2 – 7 animals that underwent surgery and received antibacterial therapy. Series 3 – 26 rabbits that were not treated. Series 4 served as a control and consisted of 2 animals without pathology. Micro-preparations were prepared according to the standard method. Morphological changes were evaluated in the analysis of periosteal pathology and expressed in points depending on their degree. The obtained data were processed statistically.
Results. The surgical method of treatment of periostitis in combination with antibiotic therapy made it possible to localize the inflammatory focus 2 days earlier than with isolated surgical treatment. An integrated approach contributed to optimization both in the focus of inflammation and in adjacent tissues. However, the prolonged persistence of inflammation was accompanied by reactive bone resorption and substitutive sclerosis which violated the anatomical relationship of structures in the area of examination.
Conclusion. Standard treatment of experimental acute purulent periostitis of the lower jaw does not give the desired result. It can lead to a chronic course of the disease and severe complications. This is the basis for the development of new complexes for its treatment.
- Mehra H, Gupta S, Gupta H, Sinha V, Singh J. Chronic suppurative osteomyelitis of mandible : a case report. Craniomaxillofac. Trauma Reconstr. 2013 Sep.; 6(3): 197-200. doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1343781
- Dregalkina ÀA, Kostina IN. The structure of diseases of the maxillofacial region among residents of sverdlovsk regionþ Probl Stomatologii. 2018; 14(2):68-73. doi: 10.18481/2077-7566-2018-14-2-68-73 (In Russ.)
- Delbet-Dupas C, Devoize L, Mulliez A, Barthélémy I, Pham Dang N. Does anti-inflammatory drugs modify the severe odontogenic infection prognosis? A 10-year’s experience. Med. Oral Patol. Oral Cir. Bucal. 2021 Jan; 26(1): e28-e35. doi: 10.4317/medoral.23926
- Zheleznyi P.A., Kolybelkin M.V., Izyumov A.O., Apraksina E.Y., Zheleznaya A.P. Features of odontogenic and nonodontogenic inflammatory maxillofacial processes in children undergone treatment in the maxillofacial inpatient department. Journal of Siberian Medical Sciences. 2018;(3):31-39. (In Russ.)
- Philip LMN, Akkara F, Khwaja T, Narayan T, Kamath AG, Jose NPh. Surgical management of garre’s osteomyelitis in an 8-year-old child. Afr. J. Paediatr. Surg. 2021 Apr-Jan; 18(2): 111-3. doi: 10.4103/ajps.AJPS_66_20
- Schaal MC, Gendler L, Ammann B, Eberhardt N, Janda A, Morbach H, Darge K, Girschick H, Beer M. Imaging in non-bacterial osteomyelitis in children and adolescents: diagnosis, differential diagnosis and follow-up – an educational review based on a literature survey and own clinical experiences. Insights Imaging. 2021 Aug; 12: 113. doi: 10.1186/s13244-021-01059-6
- Pokhoden’ko-Chudakova IO, Surin AV, Gerasimovich AI, Adol’f EV. Morfologicheskie izmeneniia pri primenenii refleksoterapii v lechenii khronicheskogo sinusita verkhnecheliustnoi pazukhi v eksperimente. Stomatolog. 2018; 28(1): 64-8. (In Russ.)
- Gumenyuk S.E., Gaivoronskaya T.V., Gumenyuk A.S., Ushmarov D.I., Isyanova D.R. Simulation of wound process in experimental surgery. Kuban Scientific Medical Bulletin. 2019;26(2):18-25. doi: 10.25207/1608-6228-2019-26-2-18-25(In Russ.)
- Cunha VV, Silva PGB, Lemos JVM, Martins JOL, Freitas MO, Avelar RL. Evaluation of a collagen matrix in a mandible defect in rats submitted to the use of bisphosphonates. Acta Cir. Bras. 2020 Jan; 35(10): e202001005. doi: 10.1590/s0102-865020200100000005
- Arzi B, Vapniarsky N, Fulton A, Verstraete FJM. Management of septic arthritis of the temporomandibular joint in dogs. Front Vet. Sci. 2021 Mar; 8: 648766. doi: 10.3389/fvets.2021.648766
- Chadaev VE. Eticheskie printsipy pri rabote s laboratornymi zhivotnymi Visnik problem biologii i meditsini. 2012; 1 (92) 2: 113-5. (In Russ.)
- Turner PV, Brabb Th, Pekow C, Vasbinder MA. Administration of substances to laboratory animals routes of administration and factors to consider. Am. Assoc. Lab. Anim. Sci. 2011 Sep; 50(5): 600-13.
- Koltovoi NA. Kraevoi SA. Metody kontrastirovaniia i mikroskopii: monografiia. Moscow, Boolvika.ru, 2014. 112 p. https://by1lib.org/book/3247239/9a0b28 (In Russ.)
- Khudoerkov RM. Metody komp’iuternoi morfometrii v neiromorfologii: uchebnoe posobie (bazovyi kurs). Moscow, FGBU «NTsN» RAMN, 2014. 53 p. ttps://neurolablog.files.wordpress.com/ 2014/04/d0bcd0b5 d182d0 bed0b4d0b8 d187d0bad0b0-d185d183d0b4d0bed0b5d180d0bad0bed0b2.pdf (In Russ.)
- Tsarik GN, Ivoilov VM, Poliannnssskaia IA, Tsitko EA, Aleshina AA, Tkacheva ES, Vasil’ev EV, Zhevniak EV, Mun SA. Informatika i meditsinskaia statistika. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media, 2017. 302 p. https://www.studentlibrary.ru/book/ISBN9785970442432.html (In Russ.)
220116, Republic of Belarus,
Minsk, Dzerzhinsky Ave., 83,
«Belarusian State Medical University»,
Department of Surgical Dentistry,
tel. +375 29 644 07 20,
Pokhodenko-Chudakova Irina O.
Terekhova Tamara N., MD, Professor, Professor of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry of the Educational Institution «Belarusian State Medical University», Minsk, Republic of Belarus.
Pohodenko-Chudakova Irina O., MD, Head of the Department of Surgical Dentistry of the Educational Establishment “Belarusian State Medical University”, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.
Yudina Olga A., PhD, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Pathological Anatomy of the Educational Establishment “Belarusian State Medical University”, Minsk, Republic of Belarus. https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7623-0601
Nizyati Nilupar, Post-Graduate Student of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry of the Educational Establishment “Belarusian State Medical University”, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.