This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2021 Vol. 29 No 6
T.V. ROMANIUK, R.I. LEKAN, I.I. LOYKO
INFECTIVE ENDOCARDITIS OF AORTAL AND MITRAL HEART VALVES AT CHRONIC UROSEPSIS
I.Ya.Horbachevsky Ternopil National Medical University, Ternopil,
Infective endocarditis (IE) is a multisystem disease that results from an infection, usually a bacterial one, on the endocardial heart surface. A clinical case of a patient admitted to the department of cardiovascular surgery with a diagnosis of active infectious endocarditis of the aortic and mitral valves with concomitant chronic urosepsis is described. According to the bacteriological study an etiological relationship between the origin of heart pathology and chronic urosepsis was established. The results of current methods of visual diagnostics on the basis of which the preoperative diagnosis was formed are also described. Prosthetics of the On-X 19 aortic valve and On-X 27/29 mitral valve was performed. The postoperative period and the features of its course were assessed, taking into account the etiological nature of infective endocarditis. This clinical case clearly shows that any chronic infectious process can cause damage to the endocardium, even with slowly developing processes of atypical origin, for example, the urinary system. Thus, this case indicates that it is necessary to examine a patient with acute and chronic infectious processes carefully and comprehensively for infective endocarditis, since in the early stages the disease manifests itself gradually; and this helps prevent serious complications in the future.
- Sunil M, Hieu HQ, Arjan Singh RS, Ponnampalavanar S, Siew KSW, Loch A. Evolving trends in infective endocarditis in a developing country: a consequence of medical progress? Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2019 Dec 17;18(1):43. doi: 10.1186/s12941-019-0341-x
- Leroy O, Georges H, Devos P, Bitton S, De Sa N, Dedrie C, Beague S, Ducq P, Boulle-Geronimi C, Thellier D, Saulnier F, Preau S. Infective endocarditis requiring ICU admission: epidemiology and prognosis. Ann Intensive Care. 2015 Dec;5(1):45. doi: 10.1186/s13613-015-0091-7
- Heredia-Rodríguez M, Hernández A, Bustamante-Munguira J, Álvarez FJ, Eiros JM, Castrodeza J, Tamayo E. Evolution of the Incidence, Mortality, and Cost of Infective Endocarditis in Spain Between 1997 and 2014. J Gen Intern Med. 2018 Oct;33(10):1610-1613. doi: 10.1007/s11606-018-4514-7
- Benito N, Pericas JM, Gurguí M, Mestres CA, Marco F, Moreno A, Horcajada JP, Miró JM. Health Care-Associated Infective Endocarditis: a Growing Entity that Can Be Prevented. Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2014 Nov;16(11):439. doi: 10.1007/s11908-014-0439-4
- Diallo K, Ferrand J, Goehringer F, Selton-Suty C, Folliguet T, Alauzet C, Lozniewski A. The Brief Case: An Unusual Cause of Infective Endocarditis after a Urological Procedure. J Clin Microbiol. 2018 Jun 25;56(7):e01400-17. doi: 10.1128/JCM.01400-17
- Mohee A, West RM, Baig W, Eardley I. A case-control study: Are urological procedures risk factors for the development of infective endocarditis? BJU International. 2014 Jul;103(1). doi: 10.1111/bju.12550
- Karthikesalingam A, Turner W, Wiseman O, Dutka D. Antimicrobial prophylaxis against infective endocarditis before urological surgery. BJU Int. 2009 Jan;103(1):4-6. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2008.07937.x
Ternopil, Maydan Volia Str., 1,
I.Ya. Horbachevsky Ternopil
National Medical University,
Surgery Department No2,
Loyko Ihor I.
Romaniuk Taras V., PhD, Associate Professor, the Surgery Department No2, I. Horbachevsky Ternopil National Medical University, Ternopil, Ukraine.
Lekan Roman I., MD, Professor, the Surgery Department No2, I. Horbachevsky Ternopil National Medical University, Ternopil, Ukraine.
Loyko Ihar I., PhD, Associate Professor, the Surgery Department No2, I. Horbachevsky Ternopil National Medical University, Ternopil, Ukraine.