This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2020 Vol. 28 No 5
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
M.I. MIKHAILICHENKO, K.G. SHAPOVALOV, S.A. FIGURSKI, V.A. MUDROV, S.I. MIKHAILICHENKO
PERIPHERAL NEURODESTRUCTION IN PATIENTS WITH LOCAL COLD INJURY
Chita State Medical Academy, Chita,
The Russian Federation
Objective. To determine the peripheral neurofilament H level in patients and to evaluate the changes of bioelectrical muscle potentials of the affected persons in different periods of cryodamage.
Methods. The study included 30 patients. The victims were hospitalized to the regional thermal trauma center on the basis of the city hospital No1 in Chita with local cold injury of the distal segments of the feet in the period from 2018 to 2019. On the 5th and 30th days from the moment of injury the measurement of bioelectric activity was performed. The method of cutaneous electroneuromyography was used to assess the bioelectrical muscle activity. On the 5th and 30th days after cryotrauma the concentration of peripheral neurofilament H in the blood serum was determined by the IEA method using Vector-best reagents.
Results. On the 5th day from the moment of cryotrauma in the study group, the level of peripheral neurofilament was higher relative to the control indicators The amplitude of the M-response, the residual latency and the rate of propagation of excitation were significantly lower relative to the control. On the 30th day compared to the earlier period there was a reduction of the peripheral neurofilament level but the value remains higher than the control ones. At the same time, the studied electroneuromyography indicators elevated in comparison with the data in the early stages of cryotrauma, but they were still lower than the control group. An increase in neuromuscular activity was revealed in the victims relative to an earlier period of cryoinjury, which indicates the restoration of nerve conduction.
Conclusion. In patients with frostbite of II-IV degree, a sharp elevation in phosphorylated peripheral neurofilament was detected in the blood within different periods of cryodamage. At different times of local cold injury (II-IV degree) a reduction in the bioelectric activity of the muscles was observed. On the 30th day of complex treatment, relatively earlier period, the elevation of the bioelectrical muscle activity and a reduction of the level of neurophilament H were noted.
- Mikhailichenko M.I., Shapovalov K.G. Microcirculatory disturbances in the pathogenesis of local cold injuries. Regional blood circulation and microcirculation. 2019;18(2):4-11. doi: 10.24884/1682-6655-2019-18-2-4-11 (In Russ.)
- Vinnik JuS, Jur’eva MJu, Tepljakova OV, Salmina AB, Tret’jakova NG. Znachenie jendotelial’noj disfunkcii v patogeneze lokal’noj holodovoj travmy. RMZh. Med Obozrenie. 2014;22(31):2204-06. https://www.rmj.ru/articles/khirurgiy a/Znachenie_endotelialynoy _disfunkcii_v_patogeneze_lokalynoy_holodovoy_travmy/ (In Russ.)
- Shapkin JuG, Stekol’nikov NJu, Gamzatova PK, Odnokozova JuS. Jendotelial’naja disfunkcija v otdaljonnom periode holodovoj travmy. Vestn Jeksperim i Klin Hirurgii. 2014;(4):359-63. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23435577/ (In Russ.)
- Metabolism in the hand tissues and functional microcirculation recourses in patients with sequelae of cold injury treated with the Ilizarov method. Genij Ortopedii. 2017;23(4):460-66. doi: 10.18019/1028-4427-2017-23-4-460-466 (In Russ.)
- Remnev AG, Olejnikov AA. Jelektronejromiografija: analiziruemye parametry. Mezhdunar Zhurn Priklad i Fundam Issledovanij. 2013;(10 ch 2): 281-82. https://applied-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=4180 In Russ.)
- Ruiatkina LA, Ruiatkin DS. Pancreatogenic diabetes / type 3c diabetes: status update on the problem. Med Sovet. 2018;(4):28-35. doi: 10.21518/2079-701X-2018-4-28-35 (In Russ.)
- Malonina EA, Kulibin AYU. Modelling of co-cultivation of sertoli-like cells in mice with spermatogonial cells. Kletochnye Tehnologii v Biologii i Medicine. 2019;(2):133-38. http://iramn.ru/journals/ktbm/2019/6/ In Russ.)
- Porseva VV, Smirnova VP, Korzina MB, Emanuilov AI, Masliukov PM. Age-associated changes in sympathetic neurons containing neurofilament 200 during chemical deafferentation. Áþë Ýêñïåðèì Áèîëîãèè è Ìåäèöèíû. 2013;155(2):237-240. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18769408 (In Russ.)
- Alekseev AA, Alekseev RZ, Bregadze AA, Konnov VA, Mihajlichenko AV, Semenova SV, Sizonenko VA, Skvorcov JuR, Shapovalov KG. Diagnostika i lechenie otmorozhenij (klinicheskie rekomendacii) [Jelektronnyj resurs]. Rezhim dostupa: http://combustiolog.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Diagnostika-i-lechenie-otmorozhenij-2017 (In Russ.)
- Vasina LV, Vlasov TD, Petrishchev NN. Functional heterogeneity of the endothelium (the review). Arterial Hypertension. 2017;23(2):88-102. doi: 10.18705/1607-419X-2017-23-2-88-102 (In Russ.)
- Yanagisawa H. Hypothermia, chilblain and frostbite. Nihon Rinsho. 2013 Jun;71(6):1074-78. [Article in Japanese]
- Li H, Jia J, Min Xu, Zhang L. Changes in the blood-nerve barrier after sciatic nerve cold injury: indications supporting early treatment. Neural Regen Res. 2015 Mar; 10(3):419-24. doi: 10.4103/1673-5374.153690
- Kovrazhkina EA, Stahovskaya LV, Razinskaya OD. Axonal degeneration and secondary demyelization in the central and peripheral nervous system. Consilium Medicum. 2016;18(9):87-91. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/aksonalnaya-degeneratsiya-i-vtorichnaya-demielinizatsiya (In Russ.)
- Li H, Zhang L, Xu M. Dexamethasone prevents vascular damage in early-stage non-freezing cold injury of the sciatic nerve. Neural Regen Res. 2016 Jan;11(1):163-67. Doi: 10.4103/1673-5374.175064
672000, Russian Federation,
Chita, Gorkii str., 39 «À».
Chita State Medical Academy,
the Department of Faculty Surgery
with the Course of Urology,
tel.: 8 9145 22 29 22,
Mikhailichenko Maxim I.
Mikhailichenko Maxim I., PhD, Assistant of the Department of Faculty Surgery with the Course of Urology, Chita State Medical Academy, Chita, Russian Federation.
Shapovalov Konstantin G., MD, Professor, Head of the Department of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care, Chita State Medical Academy, Chita, Russian Federation.
Mudrov Victor A., PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Medical Faculty, the Dental Faculty, Chita State Medical Academy, Chita, Russian Federation.
Figurski Sergei A., Clinical Resident of the Department of Faculty Surgery with the Course of Urology, Chita State Medical Academy, Chita, Russian Federation.
Mikhailichenko Sergei I., PhD, Cardiac Surgeon, the Main Out-Of-Staff Hospital Named after N.N. Burdenko, Moscow, Russian Federation