This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2020 Vol. 28 No 5
A.P. TRUKHAN 1, D.G. TERESHKO 2, T.A. LETKOVSKAYA 2
COMPARATIVE EVALUATION OF EFFECTIVITY OF THE INTRAPERITONEAL AND INTRAMUSCULAR ADMINISTRATION OF METHYLETHYL PYRIDINOL HYDROCHLORIDE (EMOXYPINE) IN TRAUMATIC DAMAGE OF EXTREMITY MUSCLES
432 Main Military Clinical Medical Center of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus 1
Belorussian State Medical University 2, Minsk,
The Republic of Belarus
Objective. To evaluate the effectiveness of intraperitoneal and intramuscular administration of methylethylpyridinol hydrochloride (emoxypine) for traumatic injuries of the extremity muscles.
Methods. The studies were carried out on the white outbred rats (n=32). After the experimental animals were subjected to the ether anesthesia, the destruction of the striated muscles was achieved by compressing the gastrocnemius muscle in its middle third using a needle holder. 1 hour after the injury all animals underwent fasciotomy of the injured limb segment, anesthesia and emoxypine administration. The animals were divided into 4 groups (n=8 per group). To the first and third groups emoxypine was administered daily intraperitoneally once day, the second and fourth groups – intramuscularly (paravulnary into the gastrocnemius muscle). The first and second groups of animals were withdrawn from the experiment on the third day, the third and fourth – on the gerenth day. Subsequently, material was taken for the research, paraffin blocks were prepared and sections were made with hematoxylin and eosin staining. The assessment of morphological changes was carried out using the index of morphological changes in muscles.
Results. When assessing the severity of cell infiltration on the third day, statistically significant differences were determined in animals of the first and second groups for this indicator (U=11.5, p=0.0357). The index of morphological changes in muscles in the fourth group was 3.0 (2.5; 4.0) and significantly differed from the second (8.0 (6.0; 9.0); U=5.5, p=0, 0063). On the seventh day, the animals of the third and fourth groups also showed statistically significant differences (U=4.5, p=0.0046) in favor of intramuscular administration. Thus, on the third day with intramuscular administration of emoxypine, more pronounced cellular infiltration and less pronounced necrotic changes in the wound on the seventh day are observed, which leads to a faster wound process as a whole healing.
Conclusion. Intramuscular administration of emoxypine has a more pronounced therapeutic effect in traumatic injuries of limb muscles compared with intraperitoneal administration.
- Minasov T B, Faizullin AA, Saubanov RA, Minasov IB. Efficiency of structural antigipoxants in perioperative period of patients with lower limbs fractures
Hirurgija Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2018;(9):67-72. doi: 10.17116/hirurgia2018090168 (In Russ.)
- Didenko OA, Byalik EI, Ivanov PA, Sokolov VA, Tsoglin LL. Treatment of traumatic avulsions of extremities in patients with polytrauma. Politravma. 2010;(4):17-23. https://minemed.ru/archive/polytravma/Politrauma_4_2010.pdf (In Russ.)
- Denk S, Weckbach S, Eisele P, Braun CK, Wiegner R, Ohmann JJ, Wrba L, Hoenes FM, Kellermann P, Radermacher P, Wachter U, Hafner S, McCook O, Schultze A, Palmer A, Braumüller S, Gebhard F, Huber-Lang M. Role of hemorrhagic shock in experimental polytrauma. Shock. 2018 Feb;49(2):154-63. doi: 10.1097/SHK.0000000000000925
- Repine J, Parsons P. Oxidant-antioxidant balance in endotoxine-induced oxidative injury and tolerance to oxidative injury. Endotoxine and the lung. 1994. p. 207-17.
- Usenko LV, Tsariov OV. Modern opportunities of energy protection in critical states. Medicina Neotlozhnyh Sostojanij. 2016;4(75):72-78. doi: 10.22141/2224-05188.8.131.526.75820 (In Russ.)
- Ivkin DJu, Okovityj SV. Patogeneticheskaja terapija sostojanij gipoksii organov i tkanej na kletochnom urovne. Lechashhij Vrach. 2017;2(7):11-16. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29941969 (In Russ.)
- Korshunova GA, Shishkina AV, Skulachev MV. Design, synthesis and some aspects of biological activity of mitochondria-targeted antioxidants. Biohimija. 2017;82(7):998-17. https://biochemistrymoscow.com/ru/archive/2017/82-07-0998/ (In Russ.)
- Li C, Jackson R. Reactive species mechanisms of cellular hypoxia-reoxygenation injury. AJP: Cell Physiology. 2002;282(2):227-41. doi: 10.1152/ajpcell.00112.2001
- Okovity SV, Sukhanov DS, Zaplutanov VA, Smagina AN. Antihypoxants in current clinical practice. Klin Medicina. 2012;90(9):63-68. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18748795 (In Russ.)
- Ivancova VA, Kravcov SN, Sidel’nikov VO, Shilovich VA. Rol’ infuzionnyh antigipoksantov v kompleksnom lechenii jendotoksikoza pri tjazhjolyh travmah i kombinirovannyh ozhogovyh porazhenijah. Vestn Ros VMA. 2007;(2):123-26. (In Russ.)
- Levchenkova OS, Novikov VE, Pozhilova YeV. Pharmacodynamics of antihypoxants and their clinical use. Obzory po Klin Farmakologii i Lekarstv Terapii. 2012;10(3):3-12. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20171811 (In Russ.)
- Novikov VE, Levchenkova OS, Ivancova EN. Perspektivy primenenija antigipoksantov v lechenii mitohondrial’nyh disfunkcij. Vestn SmGMA. 2020;19(1):41-55. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42495464 (In Russ.)
- Trukhan AP, Zhidkov SA, Letkovskaya TA. Complex assessment of effectiveness of paravulnar intramuscular administration of antihypoxic drugs in case of muscle gunshot wounds. Voen-Med Zhurn. 2017;338(1):34-38. (In Russ.)
- Glanc S. Mediko-biologicheskaja statistika. Per. s angl. Moscow, RF: Praktika; 1998. 459 p. (In Russ.)
- Novikov VE, Losenkova SO. Farmakalogija proizvodnyh 3-oksipiridina. Obzory po Klin Farmakalogii i Lekarstv Terapii. 2004;3(1):2-14. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=9288224
220034, Republic of Belarus,
Minsk, Azgur str., 4,
Belorussian State Medical University,
the Military Medical Faculty,
mobile tel.: 8-029-776-91-06,
Tereshko Dmitry G.
Trukhan Alexey P., PhD, Associate Professor, Leading Surgeon of the Medical Unit of 432 Main Military Clinical Medical Center of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.
Tereshko Dmitry G., Assistant of the Military Field Surgery of the Military Medical Faculty, the Military Medical Faculty, Belorussian State Medical University, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.
Letkovskaya Tatyana A., PhD, Associate Professor, Head of the Pathologic Anatomy Department, Belorussian State Medical University, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.