This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2018 Vol. 26 No 5
K.I. SERGATSKIY, V.I. NIKOLSKIY, V.A. SIZOVA, V.V. PETROVA
CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS OF RARE COMPLICATION OF VAGINAL CANCER IN THE FORM OF PARARECTAL CELL AND SOFT TISSUE PHLEGMON OF ADJACENT ANATOMICAL AREAS
Penza State University, Penza,
The Russian Federation
Vaginal cancer is a relatively rare neoplasm, and this pathology is 1-3% of the total number of female genitalia tumors. The incidence of vaginal cancer is 1 per 100,000 women. The peak incidence of vaginal cancer falls on the 6th and 7th life decade. This tumor is detected in less than 15% of patients before 50 years old, and less than 10% of cases occur before 40 years. Almost 90% of all histological types of malignant vaginal tumors occur in squamous cell carcinoma. The most frequent complications of vaginal cancer are the following: bleeding from the tumor, fistula, ulceration and urethral compression. Two cases of vaginal cancer complications by pararectal and soft tissue phlegmon of adjacent anatomical areas was identified in clinical practice. Phlegmon of pararectal tissue and perineum of non-cryptogenic genesis is often observed in the decay and abscessing of rectum malignant neoplasms. The complication of primary vaginal cancer in the form of soft tissue phlegmon in our clinical practice has been seen for the first time. There are no descriptions of such clinical cases in the available literature. Treatment of patients with vaginal malignant tumors complicated by phlegmon of the soft tissues has shown a satisfactory clinical result.
- Gritsai AA, Korzhevskaia EV, Kravets OA, Kuznetsov VV, Khokhlova SV. Klinicheskie rekomendatsii po diagnostike i lecheniiu bol’nykh rakom vlagalishcha. Moscow, RF; 2014. 11 p. http://www.oncology.ru/association/clinical-guidelines/2014/05.pdf (in Russ.)
- Bokhman IaV. Rukovodstvo po onkoginekologii. Leningrad, SSSR: Meditsina; 1989. 464 p. http://med-books.by/onkologiya/3463-rukovodstvo-po-onkoginekologii-bohman-yav-1989-god-464-s.html (in Russ.)
- Vorob’eva LI, Nespriad’koSV, Goncharuk IV, Bakai OA, Ganich AV. Rak vlagalishcha: sovremennoe sostoianie. Klin Onkologiia. 2014;1(13):46-50. http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/klinonk_2014_1_12. (in Russ.)
- Davydov MI, Kuznetsov VV. Lektsii po onkoginekologii. Moscow, RF: MEDpressinform. 2009. 432 p.
http://www.03book.ru/upload/iblock/1ac/331_Lekcii_po_onkoginekologiibKuznecovq.pdf (in Russ.)
- Kulakov VI, Selezneva ND, Beloglazova SE. Rukovodstvo po operativnoi ginekologii. Moscow, RF: Medinform Agentst vo; 2006. 639 p. https://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/3712527/ (in Russ.)
- Abe K, Kameyama H, Shimada Y, Yamada S, Soma D, Yagi R, Miura K, Tatsuda K, Tajima Y, Okamura T, Nakano M, Nakano M, Kobayashi T, Kosugi S, Wakai T. A case of rectal carcinoma with recurrence around the drainage site complicated by Fournier’s gangrene. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2015 Nov;42(12):2291-93. http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/26805341 [Article in Japanese]
- Hamidian Jahromi A, DuBose A, Skweres J, Johnson L, Cole P. Oncologic management dilemma of locally advanced occult rectal cancer presenting as Fournier’s gangrene. Am Surg. 2015 Apr;81(4):E184-87. https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-3658065281.html
- Koyama M, Kitazawa M, Ehara T, Yamamoto Y, Suzuki A, Miyagawa Y, Miyagawa S. Two cases of fournier’s gangrene that occurred during chemotherapy for rectal cancer. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2017 Feb;44(2):169-71. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28223677 [Article in Japanese]
440026, Russian Federation,
Penza, Krasnaya Str., 40,
Penza State University,
Department of Surgery,
Tel. mobile: 8 902 354-04-68,
Konstantin I. Sergatskiy
Sergatskiy Konstantin I., PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of Surgery, medical university, Penza State University, Penza, Russian Federation.
Nikolsky Valery I., MD, Professor of the Department of Surgery, medical university, Penza State University, Penza, Russian Federation.
Sizova Vasilisa A., 5-Year Student, medical university, Penza State University, Penza, Russian Federation.
Petrova Victoriya V., 5-Year Student, medical university, Penza State University, Penza, Russian Federation.