This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2017 Vol. 25 No 1
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
M.R. KUZNETSOV 1, S.V. SAPELKIN 1,2, A.O. VIRGANSKY 1, L.A. MAGNITSKY 1
RESTORATIVE METHOD OF THE MAIN ARTERIAL BLOOD FLOW OF THE LOWER LIMBS
FSBEE HE "Russian National Research Medical University Named After N.I.Pirogov"1 , Moscow,
FSBE "A.V.Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery"2,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To develop a new restorative method of the main lower limb blood flow in the chronic arterial insufficiency provided an adequate blood flow in occlusion of the superficial femoral artery and the popliteal artery at the knee joint fissure.
Methods. A combined approach designed to restore the blood flow has been developed. The semi-closed endarterectomy is performed from the posterior access of popliteal artery in the patient’s pronepositio, and after turning a patient on his back the femoral-popliteal bypass above the knee joint fissure is carried out. According to the proposed method 34 patients have been operated on, mean an average age – 64,6±10,6 [42-85] years. The indications for surgery were the intermittent claudication (n=20), pain at rest (n=8) and trophic ulcers of the lower limbs (n=6). All patients had occlusive disease of the superficial femoral artery of TASC C or D with pathological process involving of P1, P2 or of all popliteal artery segments.
Results. The technical success of interventions was 100%. After the surgery 25 patients (73,5%) had no clinical symptoms of chronic arterial insufficiency, 8 (23,5%) transferred into the stage I – IIA. In the immediate postoperative period the primary patency of grafts was 91,2%, the secondary – 97,0%. No lethal outcomes were registered within 30 days after the operation. Thrombotic complications occurred in 3 patients, which in 2 cases were successfully eliminated by thrombectomy. Amputation at the middle third of the thigh was necessary in 1 patient.
Conclusion. The proposed method of the main arterial blood restoration in the lower limbs may be considered as a quite effective and physiological in a long-lasting popliteal artery disease. It should be noted that further studies of the results in the remote postoperative period are required.
- Sedov VM, Gusinskii AV, Shlomin VV, Shatravka AV, Kas'ianov IV, Vazhenin SO, Nikolaev DI, Kokh BB. Analiz rannikh posleoperatsionnykh oslozhnen posle rekonstruktivnykh operatsii na arteriiakh aorto-bedrennogo segmenta [Analysis of early postoperative complicated after reconstructive surgery on the arteries of aorto-femoral segment]. Vestn Saint-Petersburg U-ta. 2008;(11)1: 60-70.
- Zabolevaniia perifericheskikh arterii [Peripheral arterial disease]. Pod red. E.R. Molera III, M.R. Dzhaffa, per. s angl. pod red. M. V. Pisareva. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2010. 224 p.
- Lebedev LV, Shlomin VV, Kas'ianov IV, Gusinskii AV, Didenko IuP, Iurtaev EA, Solov'ev AV, Sharipov EM. Poluzakrytaia endarterektomiia aorto-bedrennogo segmenta petliami Vollmar [Semiclosed endarterectomy of the aorto-femoral segment by Vollmar loops]. Vestn Khirurgii Im II Grekova. 2003;162(3):11–15.
- Norgren L, Hiatt WR, Dormandy JA, Nehler MR, Harris KA, Fowkes FG; TASC II Working Group. Inter-Society Consensus for the Management of Peripheral Arterial Disease (TASC II). J Vasc Surg. 2007 Jan;45 Suppl S:S5-67.
- Klein WM, van der Graaf Y, Seegers J, Spithoven JH, Buskens E, van Baal JG, Buth J, Moll FL, Overtoom TT, van Sambeek MR, Mali WP. Dutch iliac stent trial: long-term results in patients randomized for primary or selective stent placement. Radiology. 2006 Feb;238(2):734-44. Epub 2005 Dec 21.
- Zatevakhin II, Iudin RIu, Komrakov VE. Obliteriruiushchii trombangiit [Thromboangiitis obliterans]. Moscow. 2002. 317 p.
- Kuznetsov MR, Koshkin VM, Karalkin AV. Rannie reokkliuzii u bol'nykh obliteriruiushchim aterosklerozom [Early reocclusion in patients with atherosclerosis obliterans]. Iaroslavl', Niuans. Meditsina, 2007. 176 p.
- Pokrovskii AV, Dan VN, Chupin AV, Kharazov AF. Mozhno li predskazat' iskhod rekonstruktivnoi operatsii u bol'nykh s ishemiei nizhnikh konechnostei na osnovanii dooperatsionnykh issledovanii [Is it possible to predict the outcome of reconstructive surgery in patients with lower limb ischemia on the basis of pre-operative studies?]. Angiologiia i Sosud Khirurgiia. 2002;8(3):102–109.
- Ulus AT1, Ljungman C, Almgren B, Hellberg A, Bergqvist D, Karacagil S. The influence of distal runoff on patency of infrainguinal vein bypass grafts. Vasc Surg. 2001 Jan-Feb;35(1):31-5.
- Klinkert P1, Post PN, Breslau PJ, van Bockel JH. Saphenous vein versus PTFE for above-knee femoropopliteal bypass. A review of the literature. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2004 Apr;27(4):357-62.
- Veith FJ, Gupta SK, Ascer E, White-Flores S, Samson RH, Scher LA, Towne JB, Bernhard VM, Bonier P, Flinn WR, et al. Six-year prospective multicenter randomized comparison of autologous saphenous vein and expanded polytetrafluoroethylene grafts in infrainguinal arterial reconstructions. J Vasc Surg. 1986 Jan;3(1):104-14.
- Losev RZ, Burov IuA, Mikul'skaia EG, Eliseev AA, Bogdanova NB, Skriabin VV. Mnogourovnevye revaskuliarizatsii nizhnikh konechnostei s ispol'zovaniem petlevoi trombendarterektomii [Lower extremity multilevel revascularization using a loop endarterectomy]. Vestn Khirurgii Im II Grekova. 2007;165(5):21-23.
- Davidovic L. B. Surgery of the popliteal artery. First edition. Edizioni Minerva Medica; 2014. 84 ð.
117997, the Russian Federation,
Moscow, Ostrovityanov str., 1,
Pirogov Russian National
Research Medical University.
Department of faculty surgery N1.
Maksim R. Kuznetsov
Kuznetsov M.R. MD, Professor of the faculty surgery department N1, the medical faculty, FSBEE HE "Russian National Research Medical University Named After N.I.Pirogov".
Sapelkin S.V. MD, Leading researcher of FSBE "A.V.Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery", Professor of the faculty surgery department N1, the medical faculty, FSBEE HE "Russian National Research Medical University Named After N.I.Pirogov".
Virgansky A.O. MD, Professor of the faculty surgery department N1, the medical faculty, FSBEE HE "Russian National Research Medical University Named After N.I.Pirogov".
Magnitsky L.A. Post-graduate student of the faculty surgery department N1, the medical faculty, FSBEE HE "Russian National Research Medical University Named After N.I.Pirogov".