This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 3
A.D. RAIMKHANOV, M.Z. AYMAGAMBETOV, E.M. ASYLBEKOV, N.B. OMAROV, Z.Y. ZHAGNIYEV
REPAIR OF HERNIA SAC AT COMPLEX INGUINAL HERNIAS
State Medical University, Semey
The Republic of Kazakhstan
Objectives. To assess the effectiveness of hernia sac repair by the worked out method for recurrent inguinal, inguinal and scrotal hernias.
Methods. The surgical treatment analysis of patients (n=77) with recurrent inguinal and inguinal-scrotal hernias was carried out. 26 patients made up the main group (MG). The hernial sac is closely adhered to his spermatic cord; the developed technique of the hernia sac repair was applied. The clinical comparison (CCI) included 51 patients. In the GCS the hernia sac was treated in a conventional manner with suturing, ligation and excision in the neck area. To evaluate the surgical treatment effectiveness of patients of MG and CCI the following criteria were used: the processing time of the hernia sac, the incidence of postoperative complications and recurrences. The results were evaluated after 1-3 years of follow-up.
Results. The mean duration of hernia sac repair in patients with recurrent and complex inguinal hernias requiring to relegate the hernia sac from the elements of the spermatic cord was 23,8±3,9 min in the CCI and – 19,3±2,6 min – in MG. The difference between the duration of hernia repair in the two groups was reliable (p<0,05), no significant difference in the frequency of complications between groups was observed. Recurrence of the disease in the long-term period per time of observation (1-3 years) was not occurred.
Conclusion. The worked out hernia sac repair technique aimed to reduce traumatism and intervention time can be widely used in surgical treatment of inguinal hernias. The proposed method of treatment of hernia sac at oblique inguinal hernia is considered to be justified in all cases when hernia sac is in dense adhesion with spermatic cord. The technique allows reducing the number of early postoperative complications in oblique inguinal hernias. The method is considered to be easily performed and it reduces surgical time.
- Shalashov SV, Kulikov LK, Egorov IA, Mikhailov AL, Buslaev OA, Privalov IuA, i dr. Obrabotka gryzhevogo meshka pri kosykh pakhovykh gryzhakh [Treatment of hernia sac at oblique inguinal hernias]. Sib Med Zhurn. 2010;(6):99-101.
- Andresen K, Bisgaard T, Rosenberg J. Sliding inguinal hernia is a risk factor for recurrence. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2015 Jan;400(1):101-6. doi: 10.1007/s00423-014-1262-y.
- Egiev VN, Liadov KV, Voskresenskii PK. Atlas operativnoi khirurgii gryzh [Atlas of operative hernia surgery]. Moscow, RF: Medpraktika; 2003. 228 p.
- Lichtenstein IL. Herniorrhaphy. A personal experience with 6,321 cases. Am J Surg. 1987 Jun;153(6):553-59.
- Voskresenskii PK, Emel'ianov SI, Ionova EA, Liadov KV, Egiev VN, red. Nenatiazhnaia gernioplastika [Tension-free hernioplastics]. Moscow, RF: Medpraktika-M; 2002. 147 p.
- Shalashov SV, Kulikov LK, Usol'tsev IuK, Tsybikov SG, Mikhailov AL, Egorov IA. Original'nyi sposob pakhovoi gernioplastiki [The original method of inguinal hernia repair]. Gerniologiia. 2007;(1):46-48.
- Gvenetadze TK, Giorgobiani GT, Archvadze VSh, Gulbani LO. Profilaktika razvitiia muzhskogo besplodiia posle razlichnykh sposobov pakhovoi gernioplastiki s ispol'zovaniem setchatogo eksplantata [Prevention of the development of male infertility development after different methods of inguinal hernia repair using a mesh implant]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2014;22(3):379-85.
- Volod'kin VV, Miadelets OD, Kharkevich NG. Makromikroskopicheskie osobennosti pakhovoi oblasti i vozmozhnye prichiny retsidiva pakhovakh gryzh [Macromicroscopic features of the groin and the possible causes of recurrence of inguinal hernias]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2006;14(2):7-12.
- Nyhus LM. Classification of groin hernia: milestones. Hernia. 2004 May;8(2):87-88.
- Raimkhanov AD, Aimagambetov MZh, Rakhmetov NR, Khrebtov VA, Asylbekov EM, Omarov NB, i dr. Sposob obrabotki gryzhevogo meshka pri bol'shikh i retsidivnykh pakhovykh gryzhakh [A method of treating hernia sac at large and recurrent inguinal hernias]. Patent Resp Kazakhstan № 30060; MPK A61B 17/00; opubl. 15.07.2015.
- Bisgaard T, Kehlet H, Bay-Nielsen M, Iversen MG, Rosenberg J, Jørgensen LN. A nationwide study on readmission, morbidity, and mortality after umbilical and epigastric hernia repair. Hernia. 2011 Oct;15(5):541-6. doi: 10.1007/s10029-011-0823-z.
- Junge K, Binnebösel M, Kauffmann C, Rosch R, Klink C, von Trotha K, et al. Damage to the spermatic cord by the Lichtenstein and TAPP procedures in a pig model. Surg Endosc. 2011 Jan;25(1):146-52. doi: 10.1007/s00464-010-1148-1.
071400, Republic of Kazakhstan,
Semey, ul. Sechenova d. 1 a,
Meditsinskiy Tsentr Gosudarstvennogo
Meditsinskogo Universiteta g. Semey,
kafedra internaturyi po khirurgii,
tel. mob.: 7-707-332-00-84,
Raimkhanov Aydar Duysenovich
Raimkhanov A.D. A student of the clinical internship chair in surgery of State Medical University.
Aymagambetov M.Z. MD, an associate professor of the clinical internship chair in surgery of State Medical University.
Asylbekov E.M. PhD, a head of the surgery department of the Medical Center of State Medical University.
Omarov N.B. An assistant of the clinical internship chair in surgery of State Medical University.
Zhagniyev Z.Y. An intern of the clinical internship chair in surgery of State Medical University.