This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 5
N.I. ZHERNAKOVA1, A.A. DOLZHIKOV1, S.V. SHKODKIN1,2, K.A. BOCHAROVA1, A.J. KOLPAKOV1, V.N. DMITRIEM1
ASSESSMENT OF CYTOTOXICITY OF CARBON-CONTAINING NANOSIZED COATINGS
FSAEE HPE "Belgorod State National Research University"1,
SBEH "Belgorod Regional Clinical Hospital of Saint Joasaph"2
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To study bioinertness of new nanosized carbon-containing in compounds in experiment.
Methods. The pulsed vacuum arc method was used to deposite the coating of nitinol wire. Nitinol wire stents were implanted in the parenchymal organs (kidney and liver) and in the choledoch of sexually mature Wistar rats. The animals were taken out of the experiment on the 14th and 30th day after implantation. The thickness of developing reactive tissue areas was measured; the cytoarchitectonics around the implants was evaluated.
Results. In the cases of implantation in the parenchymal organs the quantitative and qualitative characteristics depended on the implantation site have been defined. Inflammatory changes around implants in the liver proved to be 1,5-2 fold more intensive than in the kidneys the same period of observation. Qualitative analysis of cytoarchitectonics around the implants in different groups has not revealed statistically significant differences depending on the implant material. The quantitative assessment of inflammatory infiltration in the group with nanostructured coating based on amorphous carbon matrix with including of silver nanoscale clusters was less intense regardless of the implantation site. Implantation of new carbon nanoscale materials into the rat choledoch lumen has not followed by necrobiotic changes and perforation of its wall; no mortality was observed in the study groups. The reaction of the extrahepatic biliary tract to the introduction of implant such homologous when it implanted in parenchymal organs.
Conclusion. The materials being developed for implantation showed no cytotoxicity. The best indicators of bioinertness were registered in the group of implants with nanostructural coating based on amorphous carbon matrix with inclusions of nanoscale clusters of silver. This result can be explained by the inertia of the carbon to the tissues and by antiproliferative properties of silver.
- Fedelini P, Verze P, Meccariello C, Arcaniolo D, Taglialatela D, Mirone VG. Intraoperative and postoperative complications of laparoscopic pyeloplasty: a single surgical team experience with 236 cases. J Endourol. 2013 Oct;27(10):1224-9. doi: 10.1089/end.2013.030.
- Maruschke M, Kram W, Nebe JB, Vollmar B, Zimpfer A, Hakenberg OW. Development of a rat model for investigation of experimental splinted uretero-ureterostomy, ureteral stenting and stenosis. In Vivo. 2013 Mar-Apr;27(2):245-49.
- Chepurov AK, Zenkov SS, Mamaev IE, Pronkin EA. Dlitel'noe drenirovanie mochetochnikovymi stentami: sovremennoe sostoianie voprosa i perspektivy [Prolonged drainage of ureteral stent: the present state of and prospects]. Andrologiia i Genital Khirurgiia. 2009;(2):32-40.
- Volova TG. Sintez biorezorbiruemykh polimerov. Struktura i svoistva [Synthesis of bioresorbable polymers. The structure and properties]. Izvestiia Vysshikh Uch Zavedenii. Fizika. 2013;(56)12-3:27-32.
- Nau P, Liu J, Ellison EC, Hazey JW, Henn M, Muscarella P, Narula VK, Melvin WS.Novel reconstruction of the extrahepatic biliary tree with a biosynthetic absorbable graft. HPB (Oxford). 2011 Aug;13(8):573-78. doi: 10.1111/j.1477-2574.2011.00337.x.
- Canena JM, Liberato MJ, Rio-Tinto RA, Pinto-Marques PM, Romão CM, Coutinho AV, Neves BA, Santos-Silva MF.A comparison of the temporary placement of 3 different self-expanding stents for the treatment of refractory benign esophageal strictures: a prospective multicentre study. BMC Gastroenterol. 2012 Jun (12);12:70.
- Fu WJ, Xu YD, Wang ZX, Li G, Shi JG, Cui FZ, Zhang Y, Zhang X. New ureteral scaffold constructed with composite poly(L-lactic acid)-collagen and urothelial cells by new centrifugal seeding system. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012 Jul;100(7):1725-33. doi: 10.1002/jbm.a.34134.
- Griffiths EA, Gregory CJ, Pursnani KG, Ward JB, Stockwell RC. The use of biodegradable (SX-ELLA) oesophageal stents to treat dysphagia due to benign and malignant oesophageal disease. Surg Endosc. 2012 Aug;26(8):2367-75. doi: 10.1007/s00464-012-2192-9.
- Moskovitz B, Halachmi S, Nativ O.A new self-expanding, large-caliber ureteral stent: results of a multicenter experience. J Endourol. 2012 Nov;26(11):1523-7. doi: 10.1089/end.2012.0279.
- Hämäläinen M, Nieminen R, Uurto I, Salenius JP, Kellomäki M, Mikkonen J, Kotsar A, Isotalo T, Teuvo Tammela LJ, Talja M, Moilanen E. Dexamethasone-eluting vascular stents. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2013 May;112(5):296-301. doi: 10.1111/bcpt.12056.
- Rodrigues C, Oliveira A, Santos L, Pires E, Deus J. Biodegradable stent for the treatment of a colonic stricture in Crohn's disease. World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2013 May 16;5(5):265-69. doi: 10.4253/wjge.v5.i5.265.
- Brotherhood H, Lange D, Chew BH. Advances in ureteral stents. Transl Androl Urol 2014;3(3):314-319. doi: 10.3978/j.issn.2223-4683.2014.06.06.
- Yin Y, Zhang Y, Zhao X. Safety and efficacy of biodegradable drug-eluting vs. bare metal stents: a meta-analysis from randomized trials. PLoS One. 2014 Jun 19;9(6):e99648. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0099648. eCollection 2014.
308015, Rossiiskaia Federatsiia, g. Belgorod, ul. Pobedy, d. 85, kor. 10, kom. 3-12 dekanat lechebnogo dela i pediatrii Meditsinskogo instituta FGAOU VPO "Belgorodskii gosudarstvennyi natsional'nyi issledovatel'skii universitet", tel. +7 (4722) 30-12-85,
Zhernakova Nina Ivanovna
Zhernakova N.I., MD, professor, a dean of the medical affairs and pediatrics Medical Institute FSAEI HPE "Belgorod State University."
Dolzhikov A.A., MD, professor, a head of the department of histology of the Medical Institute FSAEI HPE "Belgorod State University."
Shkodkin S.V., PhD., an assistant professor of surgery hospital of the Medical Institute FSAEI HPE "Belgorod State University", department of urology, resident of OSBEH "Belgorod Regional Clinical Hospital of Saint Joasaph".
Bocharova K.A., PhD, an associate professor of faculty therapy Medical Institute FSAEI HPE "Belgorod State University."
Kolpakov A.Y., PhD, Professor, a head of a research laboratory of the problems of development and introduction of ion-plasma technology FSAEI HPE "Belgorod State Nationsal research University."
Dmitriev V.N., PhD, an associate professor of the chair of faculty surgery of Medical Institute FSAEI HPE "Belgorod State University."