This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 5
EXCHANGE OF EXPERIENCE
V.P. DEIKALO, A.N. TOLSTIK
THE USE OF CUTANEOUS AUTOPLASTY IN THE REHABILITATION OF PATIENTS WITH AN ACUTE HAND INJURY
EE "Vitebsk State Medical University"
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To examine the results, mistakes, and complications, to assess and characterize the capabilities of current methods of skin plasty in hand soft tissue defects.
Methods. In medical rehabilitation the patients who had sustained an acute hand injury accompanied by soft tissue defects, a necessity of skin integrity was occured. In these cases the different methods of autodermoplasty have been used. 289 operations of skin plasty in 248 patients with open hand injuries and (or) their consequences have been performed. There were 218 (87,90%) men and 30 (12,10 %) women. 98,2% of the patients were of working age. 230 (92,74%) patients with the open hand and finger injuries were operated, the dermepenthesis was made to 18 (7,26) patients after repairing of various posttraumatic contracture. In assessing of the long-term results the degree of a flap engraftment, complications and functional outcomes were taken into account.
Results. Analysis of the application of different methods of skin autodermoplasty has allowed to establish that the technique of free skin grafting (64,35%) in specialized care to patients with an acute hand injury was used more frequently. Unsuccessful outcomes (29,50%) after a free skin grafting have associated with mistakes made during surgery and in the postoperative period. To replace the deep defects of an acute hand injury is more expedient to use a non-free skin graft, allowing 100% of engraftment and good cosmetic outcomes.
Conclusion. The application of different skin grafting technique broader and more rational, careful planning and technical performance of operations as well as the proper management in the postoperative period have resulted in improved patient outcomes.
- Nel'zina ZF, Chudakova TN. Neotlozhnaia khirurgiia otkrytykh povrezhdenii kisti [Emergency surgery opf open brush injuries]. Minsk, USSR: Navuka i Tekhnika; 1994.239 p.
- Usol'tseva EV, Mashkara KI. Khirurgiia zabolevanii i povrezhdenii kisti [Surgery of diseases and injuries of the hand]. Leningrad, USSR; 1986. 352 p.
- Asko-Seljavaara S, Pitkänen J, Sundell B.Microvascular free flaps in early reconstruction of burns in the hand and forearm. Case reports. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg. 1984;18(1):139-44. doi: 10.3109/02844318409057416.
- Milford L. The hand. 2th. ed. St. Louis etc.: Mosby Co. 1982:359.
- Zoltan Ia. Peresadka kozhi [A skingrafting]. Budapesht, Vengriia: Akademiia Nauk Vengrii; 1984. 304 p.
- Limberg AA. Planirovanie mestnoplasticheskikh operatsii na poverkhnosti tela [Planning of local plastic operations on body surface]. Leningrad, USSR: Medgiz; 1963. 595 p.
- Symposium on microvascular surgery. Hand Clin. 1985 May;1(2):195-370. [No authors listed].
- Volkova AM. Khirurgiia povrezhdenii kisti [Surgery wrist injury]. Ekaterinburg, USSR: Ural'skii Rabochii. 1996;(3):208.
- Mateev M1, Beermanov K, Subanova L, Novikova T.Reconstruction of soft tissue defects of the hand using the shape-modified radial forearm flap. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg. 2004;38(4):228-31. DOI: 10.1080/02844310410026717.
- Koshima I., Moriguchi T, Etoh H, Tsuda K, Tanaka H. The radial artery perforator-based adipofascial flap for dorsal hand coverage. Ann Plast Surg. 1995;35(5):474-79. doi: 10.1097/00000637-199511000-00005.
- Dantzer E, Queruel P, Salinier L, Palmier B, Quinot JF.Dermal regeneration template for deep hand burns: clinical utility for both early grafting and reconstructive surgery. Br J Plast Surg. 2003 Dec;56(8):764-74. doi: 10.1016/S0007-1226(03)00366-7.
- Kimura N, Saito M, Sumiya Y, Itoh N.Reconstruction of hand skin defects by microdissected mini anterolataral thigh perforator flaps. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008 Sep;61(9):1073-77. doi: 10.1016/j.bjps.2008.02.014.
- Belousov AE, Tkachenko SS. Mikrokhirurgiia v travmatologii [Microsurgery in traumatology]. Leningrad, USSR: Meditsina; 1988. 224 p.
- Green DP, Hotchkiss RN, Pederson WC./eds. Operative Hand Surgery. 1998;(1-2):2367. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone.
210023 Respublika Belarus',
g. Vitebsk, pr-t Frunze, d. 27,
UO "Vitebskii gosudarstvennyi
meditsinskii universitet", kafedra
travmatologii, ortopedii i voenno-polevoi khirurgii.
tel. 8 0212 57-40-84,
Deikalo Valery Petrovich
Deikalo V.P., MD, professor of traumatology, orthopedics and field surgery EE "Vitebsk State Medical University".
Tolstik A.N., PhD., an associate professor, a head of a chair of traumatology, orthopedics and field surgery of VSMU EE "Vitebsk State Medical University".