This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 2
B.S. SUKOVATYKH, A.Y. GRIGORYAN, A.I. BEZHIN, T.A.P ANKRUSHEVA, S.A. ABRAMOVA
EFFECTIVENESS OF IMMOBILIZED FORM OF CHLORHEXIDINE IN TREATMENT OF PURULENT WOUNDS
SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University"
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To justify experimentally the possibility of chlorhexidine bigluconate immobilized form application in the treatment of the first phase of purulent wounds course.
Methods. The analysis of the results of experimental studies of wound healing process (120 Wistar rats) has been carried out in the treatment of the following ointment composition: chlorhexidine bigluconate 0,5% – 30,0; methyluracil – 2,0; polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate – 70,0.
Animals were divided into two statistically homogeneous groups of 60 animals each. In the control group the local wound treatment was carried out by application of Levomecol ointment, while in the experimental one – an immobilized form of chlorhexidine bigluconate. The dynamics of the wound healing process was studied by means of planimetric, bacteriological and histological methods.
Results. In the main group the reduction percentage of the wound area was higher than in the control group on the 3rd day by 14,2%, on the 5th day – 9,1%, on the 10th day – 12,8%, on the 15th day – 11,1%.
In the experimental group of animals the microbial contamination of wounds (CFU in 1 g. of tissue) was lower in the control group on the 3rd day of treatment on 7×106, on the 5th day – on 4,3×105, on the 8th day – on 6,2×104, and on the 10th day – on 62,5×103. At the same period the number of fibroblasts (cells of reparative series) in the wounds of the main group was higher on 0,5%, 10,6%, 12,1% and 9,4%.
Conclusion. The use of an immobilized form of chlorhexidine bigluconate in the treatment of the first phase of purulent wounds is considered to be pathogenetically justified and effective.
- Kallstrom G.Are quantitative bacterial wound cultures useful? J Clin Microbiol. 2014 Aug;52(8):2753-56.
- Eriukhin IA. Khirurgicheskie infektsii: novyi 5 uroven' poznaniia: i novye problemy [Surgical infections: new 5 level of knowledge: new challenges]. Infektsii v Khirurgii. 2003;(1):2-7.
- Xiaomeng Li, Binghui Li, Jun M, Xiaoyu W, Shengming Z. Development of a silk fibroin/HTCC/PVA sponge for chronic wound dressing. Compatible Polymers. July 2014;29(4):398-11
- Blatun LA, Zhukov AO, Amiraslanov IuA, Terekhova RP, Agafonov VA, Askerov NG, Malina VA, Ushakov AA, Ivanov AP, Fedotov SV, Pechetov AA, Tertitskaia AB. Kliniko-laboratornoe izuchenie raznykh lekarstvennykh form baneotsina pri lechenii ranevoi infektsii [Clinical and laboratory study of different dosage forms of baneotsina in the treatment of wound infection]. Khirurgiia. 2009;(9):59-65.
- Gostishchev VK. Infektsii v khirurgii: rukovodstvo dlia vrachei [Infection in surgery: a guide for physicians]. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media, 2007. 761 p.
- Khalilov MA. Voprosy optimizatsii mestnogo lecheniia gnoinykh ran [Some aspects of optimization of local purulent wounds treatment]. Kursk Nauchno-Prakt Vestn Chelovek i Ego Zdorov'e. 2009;(3):31-37.
- Chekmareva IA, Blatun LA, Terekhova LP, Zakharova OA, Kochergina E V, Agafonov VA. Morfofunktsional'nye aspekty regeneratsii ran pri lechenii iod-soderzhashchimi maziami [Morphological and functional aspects of wound healing in the treatment of iodine-containing ointments]. Khirurgiia. 2014;(1):54-58.
- Shen JT, Falanga V. Innovative therapies in wound healing. J Cutan Med Surg. 2003 May-Jun;7(3):217-24.
- Reilly J. Evidence-based surgical wound care on surgical wound infection. Br J Nurs. 2002 Sep;11(16 Suppl):S4, S6, S8, S10, S12.
- Volenko AV, Men'shikov DD, Titova GP, Kuprikov SV. Profilaktika ranevoi infektsii immobilizirovannymi antibakterial'nymi preparatami [Prevention of wound infection immobilized antibacterial drugs]. Khirurgiia. 2004;(10):54-58.
- Grigor'ev EG, Kogan AS. Khirurgiia tiazhelykh gnoinykh protsessov [Surgery of severe pyogenic processes]. Novosibirsk, RF: Nauka 2000. 314 p.
- Tanaka K, Akita S, Yoshimoto H, Houbara S, Hirano A. Lipid-colloid dressing shows improved reepithelialization, pain relief, and corneal barrier function in split-thickness skin-graft donor wound healing. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2014 Sep;13(3):220-25.
- Sanchez CJ Jr, Akers KS, Romano DR, Woodbury RL, Hardy SK, Murray CK, Wenke JC. D-amino acids enhance the activity of antimicrobials against biofilms of clinical wound isolates of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014 Aug;58(8):4353-61.
- Plotnikov FV. Kompleksnoe lechenie patsientov s gnoinymi ranami v zavisimosti ot sposobnosti mikroorganizmov-vozbuditelei formirovat' bioplenku [Complex treatment of patients with purulent wounds depending on the ability of microorganisms to form a biofilm agents]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2014;22(5):575-82.
- Blatun LA. Mestnoe medikamentoznoe lechenie ran [Local medical treatment of wounds]. Khirurgiia. 2011;(4):51-59
305041, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya,
g. Kursk, ul. K. Marksa d. 3,
GBOU VPO "Kurskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet",
kafedra obschey khirurgii,
tel.office : 7 (4712) 52-98-62,
Sukovatykh Boris Semenovich
Sukovatykh B.S. MD, professor, a head of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Grigoryan A.Y. PhD, an assistant of the operative surgery and topographic anatomy chair of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Bezhin A.I. MD, professor, a head of the operative surgery and topographic anatomy chair of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Pankrusheva T.A. MD, professor, a head of the pharmaceutical technologies chair of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Abramova S.A. PhD, an assistant of the surgical diseases chair ¹2 of SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".