This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 2
GENERAL AND SPECIAL SURGERY
S.I. KRIVENKO1, V.N. GAPANOVICH2, S.N. PRUSEVICH3, V.V. SMOLNIKOVA1
IMMUNOMODULATORY DRUGS FRUGLYUMIN A AND FRUGLYUMIN B APPLICATION IN COMPLEX THERAPY OF NON-SPECIFIC ACUTE SURGICAL SOFT TISSUE INFECTIONS
ME "9th Municipal Clinical Hospital, Minsk1,
RUE "Scientific and Practical Center Lotios"2
ME "2nd Municipal Clinical Hospital", Minsk3,
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To evaluate the efficacy of immunomodulatory drugs Frugluminum A and Frugluminum B in the complex therapy of nonspecific acute surgical soft tissue infections.
Methods. Depending on the types îf treatment patients with an impaired immune status on the background of nonspecific acute surgical soft tissue infections were divided into 3 groups. In the 1st group (n=10; age (Me) – 45 (25-56 yrs) in addition to the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory therapy the quintuple intramuscular injections of Frugluminum A were given; in the 2nd group (n=11; age (Me) – 54 (22-62 yrs) – Frugluminum B; in the 3rd group (n=12; age (Me) – 53 (25-62 yrs) – a placebo drug (sodium chloride 0,9%) received. Efficacy assessment was made according to the dynamics of the immune status indices of patients and clinical manifestations of acute surgical soft tissue infections.
Results. In the patients treated with Frugluminum A and Frugluminum B a reduction of local and systemic clinical manifestation of the inflammatory process was registered; in a case of purulent wounds the early development of complete granulation as well as positive results of laboratory parameters have been noticed. It was found out that Frugluminum A and Frugluminum B provide normalization of the total number of leukocytes and lymphocytes through a positive regulation of T-cell level (percentage of T-helper cells increases 6-7 days up to 45,0 (44,0-46,0%) compared to the analogous index prior treatment – 28,0 (22,0-31,0)% (p=0,0033) and reduces the concentration of circulating immune complexes from 48,0 (44,0-52,0) to 18,0 (17,0-20,0) (p=0,0033).
Conclusion. Application of Frugluminum A and Frugluminum B in patients with acute nonspecific surgical soft tissue infections normalizes functioning of the immune system and improves the efficiency of the complex antibiotic and anti-inflammatory therapy in general.
- Gostishchev VK. Obshchaia khirurgiia [General surgery]. Moscow, RF: 2010. 848 p.
- Eriukhin IN, Gel'fand BR, Shliapnikova SA. Khirurgicheskie infektsii [Surgical infections]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter. 2003. 864 p.
- Grishina TI. Klinicheskoe znachenie narusheniia immuniteta pri khirurgicheskikh vmeshatel'stvakh (obzor literatury) [The clinical significance of impaired immunity in surgical interventions (review)]. Andrologiia i Genital Khirurgiia. 2000;(2):35-38.
- Weber GF, Swirski FK. Immunopathogenesis of abdominal sepsis. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2014 Jan;399(1):1-9.
- Boomer JS, Green JM1, Hotchkiss RS2.The changing immune system in sepsis: is individualized immuno-modulatory therapy the answer? Virulence. 2014 Jan 1;5(1):45-56. doi: 10.4161/viru.26516.
- Krivenko SI, Belevtsev MV, Gapanovich VN. Reguliatsiia ekspressii khemokinovykh retseptorov CXCR1 i CXCR2 neitrofil'nykh leikotsitov perifericheskoi krovi cheloveka pod deistviem immunomoduliruiushchikh preparatov na osnove polisakharidov zhivotnogo proiskhozhdeniia [Regulation of expression of chemokine receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 of human neutrophils in peripheral blood under immunomodulators effect based on polysaccharides of animal origin]. Izvestiia NANB. Seriia Med Nauk. 2007;(3):49-51.
- Gapanovich VN, Krivenko SI, Mel'nova NI, Peshniak ZhV, Startseva AIu, Bychko GN. Vliianie gruppospetsificheskikh polisakharidov zhivotnogo proiskhozhdeniia na tsitotoksicheskuiu aktivnost' estestvennykh killernykh kletok krovi cheloveka [Effect of group-specific polysaccharides of animal origin on cytotoxic activity of natural killer cells of human blood]. Med Zhurn. 2005;(4):37-38.
- Dobritsa VP, Boterashnili NM, Dobritsa EV. Sovremennye immunomoduliatory dlia klinicheskogo primeneniia [Modern immunomodulators for clinical use]. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Politekhnika. 2001. 251 p.
- Korobkova LI, Vel'sher LZ, Germanov AB, Grishina TI, Stanulis AI, Gene GP, Shchepeliaev DO, Izrailov RE. Rol' immunomoduliatora galavit v onkologicheskoi i khirurgicheskoi praktike [The role immunomodulator galavit in oncology and surgical practice]. Ros Bioterapevt Zhurn. 2004;(3):87-92.
- Karsonova MI, Pinegin BV, Khaitov RM. Immunokorregiruiushchaia terapiia pri khirurgicheskoi infektsii [Immunocorrective therapy in surgical infection]. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii. 1999;1(4):88-96.
- Plenina LV, Romanovskaia TR, Soroka NF, Chudakov OP, Tret'iak S I, Bykadorova LG, Mit'kovskaia NP, Golynskii AB, Maksimovich A V, Evseenko VM, Ivanovskii GL, Alikevich IN, Drazhina LS, Grak N N, Skuratovskaia LI. Novyi otechestvennyi immunomoduliator Diasplen® [New native immunomodulator Diasplen®]. Retsept 2008;(57):104-106.
- Vinnik IuS, Cherdantsev DV, Pervova OV, Vladimirov D.V. Immunokorrigiruiushchaia terapiia u bol'nykh rasprostranennym peritonitom [Immunotherapy in patients with generalized peritonitis]. Krasnoiarsk, RF: Znak. 2006. 35 p.
210045, Respublika Belarus,
g. Minsk, ul. Semashko, 8,
UZ "9-ya gorodskaya klinicheskaya bolnitsa",
tel. office: 375 172 71-33-63,
Krivenko Svetlana Ivanovna
Krivenko S.I. PhD, an associate professor, deputy chief physician on the scientific work of ME "9th Municipal Clinical Hospital", Minsk.
Gapanovich V.N. MD, professor, director of RUE "Scientific and Practical Center Lotios".
Prusevich S.N. Chief physician of ME "2nd Municipal Clinical Hospital", Minsk.
Smolnikova V.V. A senior researcher of the scientific department of ME "9th Municipal Clinical Hospital", Minsk.