This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2014 Vol. 22 No 6
GENERAL AND SPECIAL SURGERY
S.E. KATORKIN, A.A. ZHUKOV, M.J. KUSHNARCHUK
COMBINED TREATMENT OF VASOTROPHIC ULCERS IN LOWER LIMBS CHRONIC VENOUS INSUFFICIENCY
SBEE HPE “Samara State Medical University”,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To optimize approaches to treatment of the C6 class patients by combined application of surgical correction methods, autodermoplasty and combined impact of a low-intensity laser radiation and fine dispersion drug irrigation of the trophic ulcers.
Methods. The examination and treatment of 160 patients of C6 class were carried out. In 102 (63,7%) patients in the group I a combined impact of laser radiation and fine dispersion drug irrigation were applied. In the II group (n=58) patients were treated with standard methods.
Seventy (68,6%) patients of the 1st and thirty-four (58,6%) of the 2nd group were operated on. Phlebectomy was conducted together with the operations of Cokkett – 25 (24,5%), Linton – 20 (19,6%), SEPS – 32 (31,4%), SEPS and fasciotomy – 17 (16,7%), autodermoplasty – 94 (58,7%). Assessment of long-term results of combined treatment has been carried out (3 months – 3 years).
Results. In the 1st group on the 5th day a decrease of microbial contamination levels from 107–108 to 104–105 (ð<0,05) was registered, and on the 20th day – its absence was established. Dynamic parameters of epithelialization prevailed in the 1st group more than in 2-folds (p<0,05). Clearing of the surface, appearance of granulation and epithelialization beginning made up 4,2±1,1 and 9,6±1,3, 5,9±0,8 and 13,1±2,1, 8,9±1,2 and 23,3±1,6 days, respectively. The complete epithelialization in patients of the 1st and 2nd groups was 29,1±0,7 and 46,2±0,8 days (p<0,05). 12 months after the conservative treatment, trophic ulcer recurrence in the 1st group made 34,8%, and in the 2nd group – in 66,7%. Preoperative preparation in the 1st group reduced the preoperative period by 2,8 folds. Full engraftment of the autodermotransplant in the 1st group was achieved in 75% of cases, in the 2nd – in 32,3%.
Conclusion. The method of local application of the combined low intensity laser radiation and fine dispersion drug irrigation is on is desired to be a pathogenetically substantiated non-invasive method of conservative treatment and preoperative preparation of the trophic ulcers in the C6 class patients.
- Kistner RL. Etiology and treatment of varicose ulcer of the leg. J Am Coll Surg. 2005 May;200(5):645–47.
- Kudykin MN, Izmailov SG, Beschastnov VV, Kletskin AE, Mukhin AS, Vasiagin AN. Kompleksnoe lechenie troficheskikh iazv [Integrated treatment of venous ulcers]. Flebologiia. 2008;(3):16–20.
- Hermanns H.-J., Hermanns A, Waldhausen P. Therapy-resistant Ulcera cruris et pedis in ludicrous foot deformity. Phlebologie: 2011;40(6):334–36.
- Kotel'nikov GP, Losev II, Sizonenko IaV, Katorkin SE. Osobennosti diagnostiki i taktiki lecheniia patsientov s sochetannym porazheniem oporno-dvigatel'noi i venoznoi sistem nizhnikh konechnostei [Features of diagnosis and treatment strategy in patients with combined lesions of the musculoskeletal and venous systems of the lower extremities]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2013;21(3):42–53.
- Katorkin SE, Losev II, Syzonenko YV. Patienten mit venosen und muskuloskelettalen Erkrankungen der Beine. Funktionelle und klinische methoden zur diagnose und therapie. Vasomed.- Deutschland, Koln. 2014;26(1):6–8.
- Coleridge-Smith PD. Leg ulcer treatment. J Vasc Surg. 2009 Mar;49(3):804–8.
- Sigala F, Hepp W, Menenakos C, et al. [Paratibial fasciotomy with dissection of perforating veins: A surgical technique for the treatment of chronic venous ulcers]. Paratibiale fasziotomie mit perforansdissektion: Ein behandlungsverfahren beim therapieresistenten ulcus cruris venosum. Phlebologie. 2007;36(5):260–64.
- Partsch H.Varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency. Vasa. 2009 Nov;38(4):293–301.
- Sushkov SA. Pavlov AG. Rezul'taty primeneniia endoskopicheskoi subfastsial'noi dissektsii perforantnykh ven perednego miofastsial'nogo lozha goleni pri khronicheskoi venoznoi nedostatochnosti [The results of the application of endoscopic subfascial dissection of perforating veins anterior myofascial bed tibia in chronic venous insufficiency]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2011;19(1):55–62.
- Simka M.Calf muscle pump impairment and delayed healing of venous leg ulcers: air plethysmographic findings. J Dermatol. 2007 Aug;34(8):537–44.
- Kosinets AN, Sushkov SA. Varikoznaia bolezn' [Varicose disease]: rukovodstvo dlia vrachei. Vitebsk, RB: VGMU, 2009. 415 p.
- Dissemond J. Differential diagnoses of venous leg ulcers. Phlebologie. 2011; 40:(2):85–92.
- Di Battista L, D'Andrea V, Galani A, De Cristofaro F, Guarino S, Pulcini A, Nardi M, Maturo A, Palermo S, De Antoni E, Stio F.Subfascial endoscopic perforator surgery (SEPS) in chronic venous insufficiency. A 14 years experience. G Chir. 2012 Mar;33(3):89–94.
- Mokhov EM, Vorob'ev SI, Arzamasov AR. Primenenie ozonirovannogo Perftorana pri lechenii gnoinykh ran [The use of ozonated Perftoran in the treatment of purulent wounds]. Vestnik Eksperiment i Klin Khirurgii. 2012;5(2):325–30.
- Zhukov BN, Mel'nikov MA, Kostiaev VE, Zhukov AA. Ustroistvo dlia lecheniia dlitel'no nezazhivaiushchikh ran [Device for the treatment of nonhealing wounds]: patent na poleznuiu model' ¹ 95262 RF. MPK7: A61N5/06 A61M11. 2009143211/22; zaiav. 25.11.2009; opub. 27.06.10, Biulleten' ¹18.
443079, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya,
g. Samara, pr. Karla Marksa, d. 165 «b»,
Kliniki Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo
kafedra i klinika gospitalnoy khirurgii.
tel. office 8 107 846 276-77-89,
Katorkin Sergey Evgenevich
Katorkin S.E. PhD, an associate professor of the chair and clinic of hospital surgery of SBEE HPE “Samara State Medical University”.
Zhukov A.A. A day-time postgraduate student of the chair and clinic of hospital surgery of SBEE HPE “Samara State Medical University”.
Kushnarchuk M.J. A clinical resident of the chair and clinic of hospital surgery of SBEE HPE “Samara State Medical University”.