This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2014 Vol. 22 No 6
GENERAL AND SPECIAL SURGERY
Î.N. SADRIEV1, À.D. GAIBOV1,2
SIMULTANEOUS OPERATIONS IN SURGICAL ADRENAL DISEASES
Tajic State Medical University named after AbuAli Ibn Sino 1,
Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery 2,
The Republic of Tajikistan
Objectives. To study the influence of simultaneously performed abdominal and retroperitoneal operations on the quality, duration and severity of adrenalectomy.
Methods. The results of diagnosis and treatment of 7 patients with the adrenal glands tumors have been analyzed; the patients had a variety of related surgical diseases requiring surgical treatment. Nine patients with adrenal tumors underwent only adrenalectomy were taken as the control group. Topical diagnosis of adrenal tumors and related pathologies was made using ultrasonography and computed tomography letting to establish accurate diagnosis.
Results. Arterial hypertension was considered to be the main clinical symptom of all forms of adrenal tumors. All patients had a statistically significant increase (p <0,05) levels of the blood hormones and their metabolites in the urine. Character and volume of the preoperative antihypertensive therapy depended on the severity of hypertension and related cardiovascular and surgical pathologies.
The wide open surgical approaches, such as lumbar-laparotomy or thoraco-phrenico-lumbar-laparotomy have been used in all cases. Despite the volume and severity of simultaneous operations in patients of the main group, postoperative complications and length of hospitalization were less than in the control group. Within five-year observation there were no any data for recurrence and mortality in these patients.
Conclusion. To patients with adrenal tumors and surgical comorbidity of other organs it is advisable to carry out the simultaneous surgical correction, as it does not lead to a significant increase of the number of complications and mortality. When planning simultaneous operations in patients with adrenal gland tumor it is important to determine the level of anesthetic risk and choose the surgical access. Such operations should be performed in clinical centers with modern equipment by skilled surgeons possessing by sufficient practice in treating patients with adrenal diseases.
- Aristarkhov VG, Gadzyra AN, Biriukov SV. Simul'tannye operatsii u bol'nykh s patologiei nadpochechnikov [Simultaneous operations in patients with adrenal pathology]. Annaly Khirurgii. 2007;(3):72–77.
- Bogdanov IuV, Tkachuk EH, Bogdanov DIu, Tsoi AC. Opyt vypolneniia simul'tannykh operatsii [Experience performing of simultaneous operations]. Endoskop Khirurgiia. 2000;(2):10–14.
- Sand M, Uecker S, Bechara F G, Gelos M, Sand D, Wiese T H, Mann B. Simultaneous ectopic adrenocorticotropic hormone syndrome and adrenal metastasis of a medullary thyroid carcinoma causing paraneoplastic Cushing's syndrome. International Seminars in Surgical Oncology. 2007;(4):15.
- Nikonenko AS, Zavgorodnii SN, Podluzhnyi AA, Vil'khovoi SO, Gaidarzhi EI Opyt primeneniia simul'tannykh operatsii u bol'nykh s opukholiami nadpochechnikov [Experience of simultaneous operations performance in patients with adrenal tumors]. Zaporozh Meditsin Zhurnal. 2010;12(1):17–18.
- Counselman FL, Brenner CJ, Brenner DW. Adrenal pheochromocytoma presenting with persistent abdominal and flank pain. J Emerg Med. 1991 Jul-Aug;9(4):241–46.
- Fedorov AV, Kriger AG, Kolygin AV, Kochatkov AV. Odnomomentnye operatsii. Terminologiia (obzor literatury i sobstvennoe predlozhenie) [Simultaneous operations. Terminology (a review of literature and own proposal)]. Khirurgiia. Zhurnal im NI Pirogova. 2011;(7):72–76.
- Malinovskii NN, Savchuk BD, Ageichev VA, Borushko MV. Sochetannye operativnye vmeshatel'stva v khirurgicheskoi praktike [Combined surgeries in practice]. Khirurgiia. 1983;(12):63–68.
- ACC/AHA. Coronary Angiography Guidelines. JACC. 1999 May;33(6):82.
- Fedorov VD. Odnomomentnye, obshirnye i sochetannye operatsii [Accomplished, major and combined surgery]. Khirurgiia. 1983;(3):8–5.
- Latypov VR, Popov OS, Vusik AN, Latypova VN, Geidarov R Ia.Osobennosti i rezul'taty khirurgicheskogo lecheniia patsientov s opukholiami nadpochechnikov [Features and results of surgical treatment of patients with tumors of the adrenal glands]. Sibir Onkolog Zhurnal. 2010;1(37):56–60.
- Pelosi MA, Pelosi MA 3rd.Simultaneous laparoscopic surgical treatments. Surg Laparosc Endosc. 1998 Feb;8(1):81–82.
- Kim HJ, Choi GS, Park JS, Park SY, Jun SH. Simultaneous laparoscopic multi-organ resection combined with colorectal cancer: comparison with non-combined surgery. World J Gastroenterol. 2012 Feb 28;18(8):806–13
- Sarela AI, Murphy I, Coit DG, Conlon KC.Metastasis to the adrenal gland: the emerging role of laparoscopic surgery. Ann Surg Oncol. 2003 Dec;10(10):1191–96.
- Fanmin M, Nianzeng X, XU Yingmin, Jingdong Z, Shengynan X, Qiangyuan QI Study on retroperitoneal laparoscopic simultaneous operation in the treatment of bilateral kidney and adrenal lesions. J Clin Urology (China) 2014; 29(4):330–33.
734003, Respublika Tadzhikistan,
g. Dushanbe, prospekt Rudaki, d. 139.
Tadzhikskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet
imeni Abuali ibni Sino, kafedra khirurgicheskih bolezney ¹2,
tel.: 992 915 25 00 55
Sadriev Okildzhon Nemadzhonovich
Sadriev O.N. A postgraduate student of the surgical diseases chair ¹2 of Tajic State Medical University named after AbuAli Ibn Sino.
Gaibov A.D. Corresponding Member of Academy of Medical Sciences of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Republic of Tajikistan, MD, professor of the surgical diseases chair ¹2 of Tajic State Medical University named after AbuAli Ibn Sino, curator of the vascular surgery department of Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery.