This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2014 Vol. 22 No 5
EXCHANGE OF EXPERIENCE
S.S. AMONOV1, M.I. PRUDKOV 2, M.A. KACADZE 1, O.G.ORLOV 3
MINIMALLY INVASIVE INTRAOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF INTERNAL BILIARY FISTULAS IN PATIENTS WITH HEPATIC ECHINOCOCCOSIS
Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery 1, Dushanbe,
The Republic of Tadzhikistan,
SBEE HPE “Ural State Medical University”, 2
SME “Sverdlovsk Regional Clinical Hospital ¹1”, Yekaterinburg 3,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To study the possibilities of minimal access surgery, including echinococcectomy and treatment of parasitic cavity with perhydrol for intraoperative diagnostics and treatment of the internal biliary fistulas.
Methods. During the period of 2002-2011 36 patients with liver echinococcosis aggravated by the bile ducts lesions have been operated on. In 21 (58,3%) patients hydatid cysts were located in the right lobe of the liver, in 15 (41,7%) – in the left lobe. While analyzing the results, accessibility and quickness of performance as well as safety, quality changes of the fibrous capsule internal surface coloration, rate of postoperative complications have been evaluated. After patients’ discharge from the in-patient department, they were subject to the US liver in terms of 6-12-36-48 months.
Results. The presence of the biliary fistula could be predicted preoperatively in 7 (19,4%) patients. These patients were subjected to laparotomy, echinococcectomy with the fibrous capsule excision, closure of the biliary fistula, cholecystectomy, drainage of choledochotomy of the residual cavity and common bile duct. The presence of the biliary fistula was intraoperatively diagnosed in 4 (11,1%) patients after the fibrous capsule dissection of the hydatid cysts before treatment of the residual cavity with the perhydrol solution. The presence of the biliary fistula has not been revealed preoperatively in 25 (69,5%) patients according to US and CT data as well as laboratory tests before the surgery the presence of biliary fistula failed to detect. The presence of the internal fistula was detected only intraoperatively after treating the fibrous capsule with the perhydrol solution.
Postoperative complications were registered in 3 (8,3%) patients: bile leakage up to 80 ml per day in 1 (2,8%), pleural effusion in 1 (2,8%), postoperative wound abscess in 1 (2,8%) patient. All complications were eliminated conservatively. In long-term period the diseases relapse wasn’t revealed in any case.
Conclusions. The designed method of the fibrous capsule destruction of the hydatid cyst with perhydrol can be used to treat the residual cavity of hydatid cysts and for intraoperative diagnosis of the biliary fistula during echinococcectomy.
- Kubyshkin VA, Vishnevskii VA, Kakharov MA. Ikramov RZ,. Gavrilin LV. Evoliutsiia metodov khirurgicheskogo lecheniia ekhinokokkoza pecheni [Evolution of surgical treatment of hepatic echinococcosis]. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii. 2002;7(1):18–22.
- Abdullaev AG, Agaev RM. Lechebnaia taktika pri posleoperatsionnykh oslozhneniiakh u bol'nykh ekhinokokkozom pecheni s porazheniem zhelchnykh protokov [Medical tactics in patients with hepatic echinococcosis with lesions of the bile ducts in postoperative complications]. Khirurgiia. Zhurn im NI Pirogova 2006;(7):21–26.
- Ammori BJ, Jenkins BL, Lim PC, Prasad KR, Pollard SG, Lodge JP. Surgical strategy for cystic diseases of the liver in a western hepatobiliary center. World J Surg. 2002 Apr;26(4):462–69.
- Uhl W, Loffler H, Zimmermann A, Tcholakov O, Gloor B, Buchler MW. [Surgical treatment of echinococcosis of the liver]. Swiss Surg. 1999;5(3):126–32. [Article in German]
- Khamidov AI, Akhmedov IG, Khamidov MA, Medzhidov RT, Aliev MA. Dinamika reduktsii ostatochnykh polostei posle ekhinokokkektomii pecheni.Annaly Khirurgii. 2000;(5):38–41.
- Movchun AA, Abdullaev AG, Agaev RM, Movchun VA. Diagnostika porazhenii zhelchnykh protokov pri ekhinokokkoze pecheni [Diagnosis of the bile ducts lesions at the hepatic echinococcosis]. Khirurgiia. Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2004;(2):28–32.
- Akcakaya A, Sahin M, Karakelleoglu A, Okan I. Endoscopic stenting for selected cases of biliary fistula after hepatic hydatid surgery. Surg Endosc. 2006 Sep;20(9):1415–18.
- Hilmioglu F, Karincaoglu M, Yilmaz S, Yildirim B, Kirimlioglu V, Aladag M, Onmus H. Complete treatment of ruptured hepatic cyst into biliary tree by ERCP. 2001 Mar;46(3):463–67.
- Atli M, Kama NA, Yuksek YN, Doganay M, Gozalan U, Kologlu M, Daglar G. Intrabiliary rupture of a hepatic hydatid cyst: associated clinical factors and proper management. Arch Surg. 2001 Nov;136(11):1249–55.
- Agaev RM. Diagnostika i khirurgicheskoe lechenie ekhinokokkoza pecheni s porazheniem zhelchnykh putei [Diagnosis and surgical treatment of hepatic echinococcosis with lesions of the biliary tract]. Khirurgiia. 2002;(9):58–63.
- Daradkeh S, El-Muhtaseb H, Farah G, Sroujieh AS, Abu-Khalaf M. Predictors of morbidity and mortality in the surgical management of hydatid cyst of the liver. 2007 Jan;392(1):35–39.
- Khamidov MA. Ekhinokokkoz pecheni, oslozhnennyi tsistobiliarnym svishchom [Hydatid disease of the liver complicated by cystobiliary fistula]. Khirurgiia. Nauchno-prakt zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2001;(2):60–62.
- Pikurin SM, Krashutskii VV, Slobodskoi AB. Sostoianie gepatobiliarnoi sistemy posle khirurgicheskogo lecheniia ekhinokokkoza pecheni [Hepatobiliary system after surgical treatment of hepatic echinococcosis]. Voen Med Zhurn.2002;323(7):73–74.
- Daali M, Fakir Y, Hssaida R, Hajji A, Hda A. [Hydatid cysts of the liver opening in the biliary tract. Report of 64 cases]. Ann Chir. 2001 Apr;126(3):242–45. [Article in French]
- Bedirli A, Sakrak O, Sozuer EM, Kerek M, Ince O. Surgical management of spontaneous intrabiliary rupture of hydatid liver cysts. Surg Today. 2002;32(7):594–97.
- Zhang JM, Yu SA, Shen W, Zheng ZD. Pathogenesis and treatment to postoperative bile leakage: report of 38 cases. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2005 Aug;4(3):441–44.
- Krokhina NB, Orlov OG, Prudkov MI. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie prostykh kist pecheni [Surgical treatment of simple hepatic cysts]. Vestn Ural Med Akad. 2009;3(26):12–16.
734003, Respublika Tadzhikistan,
g. Dushanbe, ul. Sanoi d. 33,
Respublikanskiy nauchnyiy tsentr
serdechno sosudistoy khirurgii,
tel. mob.: 992-918-76-10-13,
Amonov Shuhrat Shodievich
Amonov S.S. PhD, a surgeon of the endosurgical department of the Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery, Dushanbe.
Prudkov M.I. MD, professor, a head of the surgical diseases chair of the faculty of the advanced training and retraining of SBEE HPE “Ural State Medical University”, Yekaterinburg.
Kacadze M.A. MD of medical sciences, professor of the Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery, Dushanbe.
Orlov O.G. A surgeon of the 1st surgical department of SME “Sverdlovsk Regional Clinical Hospital ¹1”, Yekaterinburg.