This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2013 Vol. 21 No 6
A.A. GLUKHOV, E.V. MIKULICH, N.T. ALEKSEEVA, A.P. OSTROUSHKO
INDICES OF OXIDATIVE STRESS AND ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSE AS QUALITY CRITERIA OF TREATMENT OF CHRONIC EXPERIMENTAL OSTEOMYELITIS
SBEE HPE “Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N.N. Burdenko”,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. Assessment of the processes of oxidative stress and the antioxidant defense system (ADS) against the background of the stream sanitation and platelet enriched plasma (PRP) application in the treatment of chronic experimental osteomyelitis.
Methods. The study was performed on 112 albino outbred male rats. After the modeling of chronic osteomyelitis, the animals were divided into 2 control and 3 experimental groups. Treatment was not provided in the first control group. In the second control group the surgical sanitation was performed. In the experimental groups focus surgical sanitation was done. Then, in the first experimental group the stream sanitation of the damage site was performed, in the second experimental group PRP was used and in the third experimental group the combined treatment was carried out including the use of the jet sanitation and PRP. Lipid peroxidation (LPO) by the level of malondialdehyde (MDA), oxidative modification of proteins (OMP) by the content of carbonyl groups, enzymatic link of the antioxidant defense system (ADS) by the activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD) and non-enzymatic link of the ADS by the content of SH-groups were evaluated on 14th, 28th and 90th day.
Results. The dynamics of lipid peroxidation, oxidative modification of proteins as well as enzymatic and non-enzymatic units of the antioxidant defense system were studied. It has been registered that on the inflammatory process background in chronic osteomyelitis, the development of pathological activity of the free radical oxidation takes place leading to a decrease of has the tissues regenerative capacity of in the place of inflammation. Oxidative stress developed. When applying the jet sanitation and platelet rich plasma in the treatment of chronic osteomyelitis, the balanced functioning of the pro- and antioxidant defense systems is observed, preventing the development of the oxidative stress.
Conclusions. It is determined that in treatment of platelet rich plasma (PRP) and stream sanitation, a rapid cupping of oxidative stress has occurred, which contributes to the stabilization of the metabolic processes and a more favorable course of a wound healing.
- Glukhov AA, Alekseeva NT, Mikulich EV. Eksperimental'noe obosnovanie primeneniia struinoi sanatsii i trombotsitarnogo kontsentrata v lechenii khronicheskogo osteomielita dlinnykh trubchatykh kostei [Experimental justification for applying jet sanitation and platelet concentrate in the treatment of chronic osteomyelitis of long bones]. Vestn Eksperim i Klin Khirurgii. 2012;V(1):131–36.
- Nikitin GD, Rak AV, Linnik SA. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie osteomielita [Surgical treatment of osteomyelitis]. Saint -Petersburg, RF: 2000. 286 p.
- Amiraslanov IuA, Svetukhin AM, Borisov IV, Ushakov AA. Vybor khirurgicheskoi taktiki pri lechenii bol'nykh osteomielitom dlinnykh kostei v zavisimosti ot kharaktera porazheniia [The choice of surgical tactics in the treatment of patients with osteomyelitis of the long bones depending on the character of the lesion]. Khirurgiia. 2008;(9):46–50.
- Ishutov IV, Alekseev DG. Osnovnye printsipy ozonoterapii v lechenii patsientov s khronicheskim osteomielitom [The basic principles of ozone therapy in the treatment of patients with chronic osteomyelitis]. Vestn Eksperiment i Klin Khirurgii. 2011; IV (2):314–20.
- Zaitsev AB, Mitrofanov VN. Sistemnyi podkhod k rekonstruktivno-vosstanovitel'nomu lecheniiu khronicheskogo osteomielita goleni [System approach to reconstructive and regenerative treatment of chronic osteomyelitis of the tibia]. Travmatology i Ortopedia. 2010 Apr; 2:215–18.
- Khasanov AG, Nurtdinov MA, Nigmatzianov SS, Sakaev RSh. Rezul'taty primeneniia plazmennykh potokov v kompleksnom lechenii khronicheskogo osteomielita [The results of application of plasma flows in the treatment of chronic osteomyelitis]. Vestn Eksperim i Klin Khirurgii. 2010;III(3):207–09.
- Belokhvostikova TS, Kirdei LE, Gavrilova EIu, Promtov MV, Leonova SN, Kirdei EG. Korrektsiia vtorichnykh narushenii immunnoi sistemy pri khronicheskom posttravmaticheskom osteomielite [Correction of secondary disorders of the immune system in chronic post-traumatic osteomyelitis]. Med Immunolology. 2002;4(2):228–29.
- Dubinina EE. Rol' aktivnykh form kisloroda v kachestve signal'nykh molekul v metabolizme tkanei pri sostoianii okislitel'nogo stressa [Role of active oxygen species as signaling molecules in the tissue metabolism in the state of oxidative stress]. Vopr Med Khimii. 2001;47(6):561–81.
- Go YM, Halvey PJ, Hansen JM, Reed M, Pohl J, Jones DP. Reactive aldehyde modification of thioredoxin-1 activates early steps of inflammation and cell adhesion. Am J Pathol. 2007 Nov;171(5):1670–81.
- Jones DP, Carlson JL, Mody VC, Cai J, Lynn MJ, Sternberg P. Redox state of glutathione in human plasma. Free Radic Biol Med. 2000 Feb 15;28(4):625–35.
- Chesnokova NP, Ponukalina EV, Bizenkova MN, Afanas'eva GA. Vozmozhnosti effektivnogo ispol'zovaniia antioksidantov i antigipoksantov v eksperimental'noi i klinicheskoi meditsine [Opportunities of the effective application of antioxidants and antihypoxants in experimental and clinical medicine]. Uspekhi Sovr Estestvoznaniia. 2006;(8):18–25.
- Berndt C, Lillig CH, Holmgren A. Thiol-based mechanisms of the thioredoxin and glutaredoxin systems: implications for diseases in the cardiovascular system. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007 Mar;292(3):H1227–36.
- Stal'naia ID, Garishchvili TG. Orekhovich VN, red. Metody opredeleniia malonovogo dial'degida s pomoshch'iu tiobarbiturovoi kisloty [Methods of determining malonic dialdehyde using thiobarbituric acid]. Sovrem Metod v Biokhimii. Moscow, RF: Meditsina. 1977. p. 66–68.
- Dubinina EE, Burmistrov SO, Khodov DA, Porotov IS. Okislitel'naia modifikatsiia belkov syvorotki krovi cheloveka, metodom ee opredeleniia [Oxidative modification of human serum proteins by the method of its determination]. Vopr Med Khimii. 1995;41(1):24–26.
- Sirota TV. Novyi podkhod v issledovanii protsessa autookisleniia adrenalina i ispol'zovanie ego dlia izmereniia aktivnosti superoksiddismutazy [A new approach to study the process of autooxidation of adrenaline to measure the activity of superoxide dismutase]. Vopr Med Khimii. 1999;45(3):263–72.
- Rubina KhM, Romanchuk LA. Kolichestvennoe opredelenie SH-grupp v tsel'noi i deproteinizirovannoi krovi spektrofotometricheskim metodom [Quantitative determination of SH-groups in the intact and deproteinizated blood spectrophotometrically]. Vopr Med Khimii. 1961;VII(vyp 1):652–55.
394000, Rossiiskaia Federatsiia, g. Voronezh, ul. Studencheskaia, d. 10, GBOU VPO «Voronezhskaia gosudarstvennaia meditsinskaia akademiia im. N.N. Burdenko», kafedra obshchei khirurgii,
Glukhov Aleksandr Anatol'evich
Glukhov A.A. MD, professor, a head of the chair of general surgery of SBEE HPE “Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N.N. Burdenko”.
Mikulich E.V. PhD, an assistant of the chair of general surgery of SBEE HPE “Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N.N. Burdenko”.
Alekseeva N.T. PhD, an associate professor, a head of the chair of normal human anatomy of SBEE HPE “Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N.N. Burdenko”.
Ostroushko A.P. An assistant of the chair of general surgery of SBEE HPE “Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N.N. Burdenko”.