This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2013 Vol. 21 No 2
V.G. BOGDAN 1 , S.G. KRYVOROT 2, T.E. VLADIMIRSKAYA 2, I.A. SHVED 2, J.M. GAIN 2
THE INFLUENCE OF ADIPOSE TISSUE-DERIVED MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLS ON COLLAGEN SYNTHESIS AT DIFFERENT WAYS OF PLASTY OF SIMULATED INCISIONAL HERNIA
EE “Belarusian State Medical University”1,
SEE “Belarusian Academy of Post-Graduate
Education” 2, Minsk,
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To carry out collagen biosynthesis analysis at different types of abdominal wall plasty with adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells transplantation (ATMSCs) in a simulated incisional hernia in laboratory animals.
Methods. The incisional hernia by the developed method was modeled in 140 laboratory animals (rats).
Four groups of animals depending on the type of abdominal wall plasty were formed. The plasty using a polypropylene surgical mesh with 2,5% gelatin gel and ATMSCs was carried out in the first group. One’s own tissue with 2,5% gelatin gel and ATMSCs was used in the second group; in the third group - a polypropylene surgical mesh; in the fourth group the interrupted suture was performed and 2,5% gelatin gel was additionally placed. To assess collagen formation processes the immunohistochemical tissue of the abdominal wall was studied in the dynamics with determination of the quantitative expression of biomolecular markers of collagen type I and III, as well as their relationship (I / III).
Results. It has been found out that that the transplantation of ATMSCs in the gelatin gel at the abdominal wall plasty in isolation and combined with a polypropylene surgical mesh leads to a stable high activity of collagen type I (p<0,05) in conjunction with a minimum increase (p<0,05) of the collagen type III expression both within the analyzed period and in comparison with the rates of other variants of plasty, stable elevation (p<0,05) of collagen ratio I / III type during the entire experiment.
Conclusions. The established features of collagen biosynthesis confirm the multifactorial positive impact of ATMSCs on the structural characteristics of connective tissue forming in the hernioplasty area.
- Bogdan VG, Gain IuM. Patogenez posleoperatsionnykh gryzh: izmeneniia metabolizma soedinitel'noi tkani – prichina ili sledstvie [The pathogenesis of postoperative hernias: changes of the connective tissue metabolism - cause or consequence]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2011;19(6):29–35
- Gostevskoi AA. Nereshennye voprosy protezirovaniia perednei briushnoi stenki pri gryzhakh (chast' II) [Unresolved problems of prosthetic abdominal wall hernia (part II)]. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2007;166(6):93–5.
- Klinge U, Si ZY, Zheng H, Schumpelick V, Bhardwaj RS, Klosterhalfen B. Collagen I/III and matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) 1 and 13 in the fascia of patients with incisional hernias. J Invest Surg. 2001 Jan-Feb;14(1):47–54.
- White B, Osier C, Gletsu N, Jeansonne L, Baghai M, Sherman M, Smith CD, Ramshaw B, Lin E. Abnormal primary tissue collagen composition in the skin of recurrent incisional hernia patients. Am Surg. 2007 Dec;73(12):1254–58.
- Serov VV, Shekhter AB. Soedinitel'naia tkan' (funktsional'naia morfologiia i obshchaia patologiia) [Connective tissue (functional morphology and general pathology)]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1981. 312 p.
- Pascual G, Rodriguez M, Gomez-Gil V, Garcia-Honduvilla N, Bujan J, Bellon JM. Early tissue incorporation and collagen deposition in lightweight polypropylene meshes: bioassay in an experimental model of ventral hernia. Surgery. 2008 Sep;144(3):427–35.
- Junge K, Klinge U, Rosch R, Mertens PR, Kirch J, Klosterhalfen B, Lynen P, Schumpelick V. Decreased collagen type I/III ratio in patients with recurring hernia after implantation of alloplastic prostheses. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2004 Feb;389(1):17–22.
- Gostevskoi AA, Sedov VM, Khamid AKh, Tarbaev SD, Gorelov AS. Sravnitel'nyi analiz polipropilenovogo i biologicheskogo setchatykh implantatov v eksperimente [Comparative analysis of the polypropylene and biological mesh implants in experiment]. Med Akad Zhurn. 2007;7(3):135–36.
- Dubova EA, Shchegolev AI, Filatkina NV, Chizhov DV, Egiev VN. Eksperimental'noe izuchenie dinamiki tkanevoi reaktsii v zone implantatsii polipropilenovykh setchatykh endoprotezov, pokrytykh fibroblastami [Experimental study of the dynamics of tissue reaction in the zone of polypropylene mesh implants coated with fibroblast]. Gerniologiia. 2007;(4):35–40.
- Ivanov IS, Ivanov SV, Goriainova GN, Ivanov AV, Tarabrin DV. Ispol'zovanie kletochnykh tekhnologii s tsel'iu uluchsheniia svoistv soedinitel'noi tkani v eksperimente [The application of cell-based technologies to improve the properties of connective tissue in the experiment]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2012;20(4):3–8.
- Bogdan VG, Zafranskaia MM, Bagatka SS, Iurkevich MIu, Gain IuM, Demidchik IuE. Kharakteristika mezenkhimal'nykh stvolovykh kletok zhirovoi tkani cheloveka, differentsirovannykh v fibroblastnom napravlenii [Characterization of mesenchymal stem cells of human adipose tissue differentiated in fibroblast direction]. Zdravookhranenie. 2012;(4):19–25.
- Zuk PA, Zhu M, Mizuno H, Huang J, Futrell JW, Katz AJ, Benhaim P, Lorenz HP, Hedrick MH. Multilineage cells from human adipose tissue: implications for cell-based therapies. Tissue Eng. 2001 Apr;7(2):211–28.
- Heffner JJ, Holmes JW, Ferrari JP, Krontiris-Litowitz J, Marie H, Fagan DL, Perko JC, Dorion HA. Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells and platelet-rich plasma on a collagen matrix to improve fascial healing. Hernia. 2012 Dec;16(6):677–87.
- Zhao Y, Zhang Z, Wang J, Yin P, Zhou J, Zhen M, Cui W, Xu G, Yang D, Liu Z. Abdominal hernia repair with a decellularized dermal scaffold seeded with autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Artif Organs. 2012 Mar;36(3):247–55.
- Denisov SD, Morozkina TS. Trebovaniia k nauchnomu eksperimentu s ispol'zovaniem zhivotnykh [Requirements to scientific experiment with animals use]. Zdravookhranenie. 2001;(4):40–42.
220034, Respublika Belarus', g. Minsk, ul. Azgura, d.4, UO «Belorusskii gosudarstvennyi meditsinskii universitet, voenno-polevoi fakul'tet
Bogdan Vasilii Genrikhovich
Bogdan V.G. PhD, associate professor, colonel of medical service, the deputy head of the military medical faculty of EE “BSMU” on educational and scientific affairs.
Kryvorot S.G. A researcher of CSRL of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education”.
Vladimirskaya T.E. PhD, leading researcher of CSRL of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education”.
Shved I.A. MD, professor, chief researcher of CSRL of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education”.
Gain J.M. MD, professor, vice-rector on scientific affairs of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education”.