This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2012 Vol. 20 No 2
GENERAL AND SPECIAL SURGERY
B.S. SUKOVATYH, A.YU. ORLOVA, E.B. ARTYUSHKOVA
INFLUENCE OF PLASMA ENRICHED WITH PLATELETS AND OF THE PREPARATION “MYELOPID” ON THE COURSE OF ACUTE AND CHRONIC ISCHEMIA OF THE LOWER LIMBS
SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To study the the influence of the plasma enriched with platelets and of the drug "Myelopid" on the course of acute and chronic ischemia of the lower limbs.
Methods. The experimental research has been performed on 120 rats-males of the “Vistar” line as well as the results of investigation and treatment of 30 patients with chronic ischemia of the lower limbs caused by the obliterating atherosclerosis were analyzed.
Experimental animals have been divided into four groups: control and three experimental. The back limb ischemia was modelled by excision of the main vessel, including femoral, popliteal and initial parts of the arteries of the shin. Treatment wasn’t carried out in the control group of animals after ischemia modeling. The plasma enriched with platelets was injected into the muscles of the hip and the shin in the first experimental group of rats; the second experimental group got the drug "Myelopid"; the third experimental group was injected wich the plasma enriched with platelets as well as "Myelopid".
500 ml of control blood analysis was taken from the patients and the plasma enriched with platelets was prepared. 100 ml of autoplasma was injected under ultrasound control into more ischemic limb along the deep artery of the thigh and popliteal artery.
Results. Intramuscular introduction of the plasma enriched with platelets, and "Myelopid" in the ischemic limbs of animals authentically has increased the level of microcirculation and reduced the area of necrosis of the muscles. In case of their combined introduction negative results have been received. The volume blood flow in the investigated limb has 1,4 times increased in patients after treatment; the main blood flow and microcirculation level has 1,2 times increased.
Conclusions. Applications of autoplasma enriched with platelets and the preparation "Myelopid" has been pathogenetically proved for use in treatment of the patients with chronic ischemia of the lower limbs.
1. Shevchenko IuL. Mediko-biologicheskie i fiziologicheskie osnovy kletochnykh tekhnologii v serdechno-sosudistoi khirurgii [Biomedical and physiological bases of cellular technologies in cardiovascular surgery]. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Nauka; 2006. 287 p.
2. Savel'ev VS. Kriticheskaia ishemiia nizhnikh konechnostei [Critical ischemia of the lower limbs]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1997. 160 p.
3. Al-Khaldi A, Al-Sabti H, Galipeau J, Lachapelle K. Therapeutic angiogenesis using autologous bone morrow stromal cells: improved blood flow in chronic limb ischemia model. Thorac Surg. 2003 Jan;75(1):204–209.
4. Bokeriia LA, Eremeeva NV. Sovremennoe sostoianie i perspektivy ispol'zovaniia angiogeneza v lechenii ishemicheskoi bolezni serdtsa [The current status and prospects for angiogenesis in the treatment of coronary heart disease]. Grudn i Serdech-Sosud Khirurgiia. 2000;(2):57–61.
5. Asahara T. Takahashi T, Masuda H, Kalka C, Chen D, Iwaguro H, Inai Y, Silver M, Isner JM. VEGF contributes to postnatal neovascularization by mobilizing bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells. EMBO J. 1999 Jul 15;18(14):3964–72.
6. Sugano C, Tsuchida K, Makino N. Intramuscular gene transfer of soluble tumor necrosis factor-? activates vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and accelerates angiogenesis in a rat model hindlimb ischemia. Circulation. 2004 Feb 17;109(6):797–802.
7. Sposob kombinirovannogo lecheniia khronicheskikh obliteriruiushchikh zabolevanii arterii nizhnikh konechnostei [The method of combined treatment of chronic occlusive arterial disease of the lower limbs]: pat RF A61K 35/14, A61R 9/10, A61M 5/00 / Sukovatykh BS, Orlova AIu, Pokrovskii MV, Artiushkova EB; zaiavitel' Kursk gos med un-t. ¹ 2392948; zavl 18.03.2009; opubl 27.06.2010. Otkrytiia Izobret. 2010;(18):35.
8. Rutherford RB, Baker JD, Ernst C, Johnston KW, Porter JM, Ahn S, Jones DN Recommended standards for reports dealing with lower extremity ischemia: Revised version. J Vasc Surg. 1997; 1997 Sep;26(3):517–38.
9. Davydenko VV. Stimulirovannyi angiogenez – novoe napravlenie v lechenii pri ishemicheskikh sostoianiiakh [Stimulate angiogenesis - a new direction in the treatment of ischemic conditions]. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2000;(4):117–20.
10. Iba O, Matsubara H, Nozawa Y, Fujiyama S, Amano K, Mori Y, Kojima H, Iwasaka T. Angiogenesis is by implantation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells and platelets into ischemic limbs. Circulation. 2002 Oct 8;106(15):2019–25.
11. Sandberg T, Ehinger A, Casslen B. Paracrine stimulation of capillary cell migration tissue involves epidermal growth factor and is mediated via urokinaseplastminogen activator receptor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Apr;86(4):1724–30.
12. Jackson KA, Majka SM, Wang H, Pocius J, Hartley CJ, Majesky MW, Entman ML, Michael LH, Hirschi KK, Goodell MA. Regeneration of ischemic cardias muscle and vascular endothelium by adult stem cells. J Clin Invest. 2001;107(11):1395–402.
13. Arshinov AV, Maslova IG. Rol' infektsii i vospaleniia v razvitii ateroskleroza [The role of infection and inflammation in atherosclerosis]. Angiologiia i Sosud Khirurgiia. 2011;(1):35–41.
14. Weber C. Frontiers of vascular biology: Mechanisms of inflammation and immunoregulation during arterial remodeling. Thromb HaemOst. 2009 Aug;102(2):188–90.
305041, Rossiiskaia Federatsiia, g. Kursk, ul. K. Marksa, d. 3, GBOU VPO “Kurskii gosudarstvennyi meditsinskii universitet”, kafedra obshchei khirurgii,
Sukovatykh Boris Semenovich
Sukovatykh B.S., doctor of medical sciences, professor, a head of the general surgery chair of SBEE of HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Orlova A.Yu., candidate of medical sciences, an applicant for Doctor’s degree of the general surgery chair of SBEE of HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Artyushkova E.B., doctor of biological sciences, a director of the Scientific research institute of ecologic medicine of SBEE of HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.