This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2017 Vol. 25 No 1
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
Y.S. VINNIK, S.S. DUNAEVSKAYA
APPLICATION OF CHEMILUMINESCENT ANALYSIS IN ACUTE PANCREATITIS DIAGNOSTICS
FSBEE HE "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky",
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To determine the type of chemiluminescent reaction depending on acute pancreatitis severity.
Methods. The patients (n=60, an average age made up 44 years) with an acute pancreatitis in the enzymatic phase were enrolled in the study. The diagnosis was made on the basis of clinical laboratory indices as well as on the data of instrumental investigations, using for estimation an integral disease severity scale and a patient’s general condition. Registering generation rate of active oxygen forms was carried out by means of the method of luminol-dependent chemiluminescence; the indices of spontaneous and induced reaction were estimated.
Results. Activation of the lipid peroxidation processes occurred at mild form of an acute pancreatitis has been established resulting in the elevation of generation of active metabolites, and in particular, of active oxygen forms. The increase of the maximal value of a chemiluminescence by 3,97 fold and the area under the curve by 2,56 fold has been registered against the background of reducing time-to-peak response. In case of moderate forms of acute pancreatitis the changes occurred in chemiluminescent reaction characterized it as hyperoxemic one. The elevation of the reaction intensity by 9,51 times was established against the background of the reducing time-to-peak response by 3,11 fold. A severe form of the disease was characterized by the generation reduction of active oxygen forms against the background of the expressed endointoxication and characterized the chemiluminescent reaction as hypoxemic one. Decrease in the maximal value of a chemiluminescence by 9,30 fold the curve symmetry and reducing time-to-peak response was registered against the background of the elevation area under the curve at a spontaneous reaction by 1,39 fold.
Conclusion. The conducted study confirmed that the changes of chemiluminescent reaction may serve as additional criteria for severity evaluation of an acute pancreatitis. At mild and moderate forms of an acute pancreatitis, the processes of hyperproduction of active oxygen forms predominated. Severe acute pancreatitis is characterized by the production reduction of active oxygen forms that is manifested by hypoxemic type of chemiluminescent reaction.
- Fomin AV, Gidranovich AV. Otsenka tiazhesti sostoianiia bol'nykh ostrym pankreatitom (obzor literatury) [Assessment of the severity of patients with acute pancreatitis (review). Vestn VGMU. 2004;3(1):41-50.
- Firsova VG, Parshikov VV, Gradusov VP. Ostryi pankreatit: sovremennye aspekty patogeneza i klassifikatsii [Acute pancreatitis: current aspects of pathogenesis and classification]. Sovrem Tekhnologii v Meditsine. 2011; (2):127-34.
- Baddeley RNB, Skipworth JRA, Pereira SP. Acute pancretitis. Medicine. 2011;39(2):108-15.
- Ivlev V.V., Varzin S.A., Shishkin A.N. Sovremennye podkhody k lecheniiu bol'nykh ostrym destruktivnym pankreatitom [Current approaches to the treatment of patients with acute destructive pancreatitis]. Vestn Sankt-Peterburskogo un-ta. 2013(11)1:122-126.
- Kochetova L.V., Dunaevskaia S.S. Metabolicheskaia korrektsiia v kompleksnom lechenii bol'nykh ostrym pankreatitom [Metabolic correction in complex treatment of patients with acute pancreatitis]. Kazan Meditsin Zhurn. 2011;92(3):315-18.
- Tarasenko A.V., Aleseev S.A. Ekspress-diagnostika sostoianiia T-kletochnogo zvena immuniteta i dinamicheskaia immunokorregiruiushchaia terapiia pri ostrom destruktivnom pankreatite [Express diagnostics of the state of T-cell immunity and dynamic immunocorrective therapy at acute destructive pancreatitis]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2010;18(3):47-57.
- Balakleets E.H., Slavinskii A.A., Lishchenko A.N. Aktivatsiia neitrofil'nykh leikotsitov sistemy verkhnei poloi i vorotnoi ven u bol'nykh ostrym pankreatitom [Activation of of neutrophil leukocytes of system of superior vena and portal vein in patients with acute pancreatitis]. Kuban Nauch Meditsin Vestn. 2010;(9):31-33
- Nagoev B.S., Iuanov A.A. Sostoianie funktsional'noi i metabolicheskoi aktivnosti leikotsitov u bol'nykh ostrym i khronicheskim pankreatitami [Status of functional and metabolic activity of leukocytes in patients with acute and chronic pancreatitis]. Vestn Novykh Med Tekhnologii. 2006;13(4):113-15.
- Weber H, Hühns S, Jonas L, Sparmann G, Bastian M, Schuff-Werner P. Hydrogen peroxide-induced activation of defense mechanisms against oxidative stress in rat pancreatic acinar AR42J cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007 Mar 15;42(6):830-41.
- García-Hernández V1, Sarmiento N1, Sánchez-Bernal C1, Matellán L1, Calvo JJ2, Sánchez-Yagüe J3. Modulation in the expression of SHP-1, SHP-2 and PTP1B due to the inhibition of MAPKs, cAMP and neutrophils early on in the development of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in rats. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014 Feb;1842(2):192-201. doi: 10.1016/j.bbadis.2013.11.003. Epub 2013 Nov 10.
- Kurygin A.A., Bagnenko S.F., Grinev M.V., Tolstoi A.D., Lapshin V.N., Gol'tsov V.R., Krasnorogov V.B. Ostryi pankreatit (protokoly diagnostiki i lecheniia) [Acute pancreatitis (medical guideline)]. Khirurgiia. Zhurnal im NI Pirogova. 2005.-N 7.-S.19-23
- Ranson JH, Rifkind KM, Roses DF, Fink SD, Eng K, Spencer FC. Prognostic signs and the role of operative management in acute pancreatitis. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1974 Jul;139(1):69-81.
660077, Russian Federation,
Krasnoyarsk, Partizan Zhelezniak str., 1,
FGBOU IN «Krasnoyarsk State
Medical University named after
Prof. VF Voyno-Yasenetsky»,
Department of general
surgery named after prof. MI Gulman.
Tel.: + 963-191-29-70
Svetlana S. Dunaevskaya
Vinnik Y.S. MD, Professor, Head of the general surgery department named after Professor M.I.Gulman, FSBEE HE "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky".
Dunaevskaya S.S. MD, Ass. Professor of the general surgery dspartment named after Professor M.I.Gulman, FSBEE HE "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky".