This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2014 Vol. 22 No 4
L.K. KULIKOV 1, S.S. KAZANKOV 2, Y.A. PRIVALOV 1, V.F. SOBOTOVICH 1, A.A. SMIRNOV 1, V.I. GARMASHOV3
DYNAMICS OF BIOCHEMICAL PARAMETERS OF GRANULATION TISSUE OF INFECTED WOUNDS APPLYING A BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE AGENTS IN EXPERIMENTAL TREATMENT
SBEE APE “Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education” 1,
NSME “Railway Clinical Hospital OF JSC RRW”, Irkutsk 2,
LLC “Scientific and Production Company “Lewes-A”, Institute of Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases of ESSC SB OF RAMS, Angarsk 3,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To study some biochemical parameters of granulation tissue at treatment of the experimental infected wounds applying biologically active agents.
Methods. The experimental group of animals with infected wounds was divided into four subgroups. The first subgroup (control) consisted of rats without treatment, the second – treatment of infected wounds applying a medical preparation “Abisyl-1”. In the third subgroup the treatment was carried out using “Antiran”, in the fourth – “Antiran” plus ultrasonic cavitation (USC). To collect the granulation tissue the animals were withdrawn from the experiment on the 4th, 8th, 14th, 21st and 28th days. The most prominent biochemical parameters such as oxyproline, tyrosine, nucleic acids and malon dialdehyde have been determined in the granulation tissue.
Results. It was established that the terpene containing a medical preparation “Antiran” is significantly reduced the time of healing of experimental infected wounds, activates epithelialization and reconstruction of the epidermal derivatives, decreases the area of the infected wounds by 85,9% in 28 days after therapy onset and by 96,1% – in treatment of infected wounds in combination with USC. The concentration of malon dialdehyde (MDA) in the tissues of infected wounds reached a maximum in the exudative destructive period of inflammation and it was higher at spontaneous healing as well as at “Abisyl-1” application throughout the whole wound healing process. While applying the “Antiran” (both in combination with USC and without it), the concentration of MDA by the end of observation was reduced to the level of intact tissues. Furthermore, from the 14th day the content of collagen in experimental infected wounds reduced progressively in treatment of “Antiran” applying due to the scar maturation.
Conclusions. The necrotic tissue activity has been reduces in short terms, an increase of proteins of collagen and non-collagen origin occurs as well as reparative activity of tissues is stimulated in treatment of infected wounds applying “Antiran” in combination with the ultrasonic cavitation (USC).
- Kuzin MI, Kostiuchenok BM. Rany i ranevaia infektsiia [Wounds and wound infection]. Moscow, USSR: Meditsina, 1981. 688 p.
- Nikitin GD, Kartashev IP, Rak AV, Linnik SA, Averiushkin AV, Kravtsov DV, Deliev BI. Plasticheskaia khirurgiia khronicheskikh i neirotroficheskikh iazv [Plastic surgery of chronic and neurotrophic ulcers]. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Siuzhet; 2001. 102 p.
- Demidova-Rice TN, Geevarghese A, Herman IM. Bioactive peptides derived from vascular endothelial cell extracellular matrices promote microvascular morphogenesis and wound healing in vitro. Wound Repair Regen. 2011 Jan-Feb;19(1):59–70.
- Abisyl - Vidal. Available from: www.vidal.ru/poisk_preparatov/abisyl.htm.
- Radivilo BB, Novozhilov AA. Primenenie biologicheskikh pokrytii dlia stimuliatsii II-III faz ranevogo protsessa pri lechenii obshirnykh ran razlichnoi etiologii [Application of biological coatings for the stimulation of II-III phase of wound healing in the treatment of extensive wounds of various etiologies]. Infektsii v Khirurgii. 2007;5(3):29–32.
- Teliat'ev VV. Tselebnye klady [Curative treasures]. Irkutsk, RF: Vost Sib kn izd-vo. 1991. 400 p.
- Kaftan H, Herzog M, Miehe B, Hosemann W.Topical application of transforming growth factor-beta1 in acute traumatic tympanic membrane perforations: an experimental study in rats. Wound Repair Regen. 2006 Jul-Aug;14(4):453–56.
- Kaneko T, Hashimoto A, Umehara N, Tezuka M. Effects of new wound dressing material SG -01 in an experimental rat skin burn and decubitas ulcer medel. J. Health Sci. 2006;52(4):459–464.
- Markowicz MP, Steffens GC, Fuchs PC, Pallua N. Enhanced dermal regeneration using modified collagen scaffolds: experimental porcine study. Int J Artif Organs. 2006 Dec;29(12):1167–73.
- Xu J, Winkler J, Derendorf H.A pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic approach to predict total prednisolone concentrations in human plasma. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2007 Jun;34(3):355–72.
- Bal'zam-Antiran - Pokhudenie, zdorov'e, pitanie, diety [Weight loss, health, nutrition, diet]. Available from: www.d-dell.ru/content/balzam-antiran .
- Stegemann H. Microdetermination of hydroxyproline with chloramine-T and p-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde. Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem. 1958;311(1-3):41–45.
- Portianaia NI. Savchenkov MF, Prusakov VM, red. Biokhimicheskie issledovaniia v toksikologicheskom eksperimente [Biochemical studies in toxicological experiment]. Irkutsk, SSSR: Izd-vo Irkut un-ta; 1990. 214 p.
- Severin SE, Solov'eva GA. Praktikum po biokhimii [Practicum in biochemistry]. Moscow, SSSR: Izd-vo MGU, 1989. 162 p.
- Slutskii LI. Biokhimiia normal'noi i patologicheski izmenennoi soedinitel'noi tkani [Biochemistry of normal and diseased connective tissue]. Leningrad, SSSR: Meditsina, 1969. 376 p.
664079, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya, g. Irkutsk, m-n Yubileynyiy, d. 100, GBOU DPO «Irkutskaya gosudarstvennaya meditsinskaya akademiya poslediplomnogo obrazovaniya», kafedra khirurgii,
Kulikov Leonid Konstantinovich
Kulikov L.K. MD, a head of the surgery chair of SBEE APE “Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education”.
Kazankov S.S. PhD, a surgeon of the purulent surgery department of “Railway clinical hospital of JSC RRW.
Privalov Y.A. PhD, an associate professor of the surgery chair of SBEE APE “Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education”.
Sobotovich V.F. PhD, an associate professor of the surgery chair of SBEE APE “Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education”.
Smirnov A.A. PhD, an assistant of the surgery chair of SBEE APE “Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education”.
Garmashov V.I. PhD, a general director of LLC "Scientific and Production Company" Lewes-A, Institute of Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases of ESSC SB of RAMS, Angarsk, Irkutsk region.